MPS 'Mag Heads'

C

Cakey

stainless looks good.....................................anyone seen ??

TheNomadicOne

Reaction score
The stainless is the best on the market IMHO. Makes a change to see a someone not copying everybody else. Keith Fielding is a top guy as well and will advise on anything if asked his opinion. I asked him for a small set of stainless Mag heads so I could use a smaller indicator head but still have plenty of weight for fishing a range, yet he refused to make them for me as there was a slight possibility that if one of the heads hit the rod blank on a take, the rod could be damaged.

I use Mag heads exclusively now for all my fishing that requires such indicators. Standard sized in blue & minature 17x10mm PTFE heads for slackline, margin or Tench/Bream fishing with either the Hawk cords (sterling silver cord that has the flexibility of a braided cord but with much better wind resistance) or cut down Solar chains.

I did have a custom made Trident HD as well, that was fully constructed from 20mm stainless, but due to ill health I had to lighten my gear up considerably and had to sell it. Have to admit the banksticks are awesome and will cut through the hadest of ground without the augers snapping off (which is what happens to a lot of the shop bought banksticks). If I could carry a full stainless set-up, then it would be Keith's stuff without any doubt in the world.

Alnath

Reaction score
I have a set of 3 Banshees, the mag heads are brilliant but i am still not convinced with the stainless cords, sure they work ok but having to make sure they don't get bent when you put them away is a bit of a pain. Personally i would like to see Keith producing a chain with MPS fittings.