son's new pb

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
We are fishing a commercial with plenty of good silver fish as well as carp , I've caught carp to 13lb there , its easy fishing but as he's starting out he needs to catch regularly

Once he's got a couple of years experience then I'll.take him on the river

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
We are fishing a commercial with plenty of good silver fish as well as carp , I've caught carp to 13lb there , its easy fishing but as he's starting out he needs to catch regularly

I agree its good to build their confidence, I take my youngest son, now 17. We fished Old Bury Hill for Zander during this winter and we had blanked for the entire day, his face was a picture when he had one as dusk was setting in, especially as I had blanked myself.

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Well done to his young Lordshipness. I've taken my 22 year old fishing twice since he left home he's only caught smallish roach and perch. He's just happy to be out and fishing but I wish he had caught a similar fish last time.

skullsat

Reaction score
Well done to your lad,my proudest moment was when my granddaughter caught her pb of 12 1/2lb i nearly cried,she stayed calm and brought it to the net like a seasoned angler,she was 8 then now she's 10 and loves fishing,she's my regular companion,she just eats so much need a trolley for her snacks lol

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
yes a pround dad I was

I took him fishing when he was about 7 or 8 and he didn't get in to it but he's keen to go now

just got back in - we fished a different lake - caught plenty of roach (he still misses lots of bites but it's a learning curve for him) and he caught the biggest fish of the evening between us - bream of about 1 1/2lb

skullsat

Reaction score
Better to have them miss bites than sit all day without a single one,keeps them on their toes,and like you said it's a great learning curve for them,if the granddaughter managed to catch all the bites she gets she'd be out doing me,and we can't have that now can we;)

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Well done to your lad,my proudest moment was when my granddaughter caught her pb of 12 1/2lb i nearly cried,she stayed calm and brought it to the net like a seasoned angler,she was 8 then now she's 10 and loves fishing,she's my regular companion,she just eats so much need a trolley for her snacks lol

Your GrandDaughter's PB beats mine by about 3 lb :) despite me fishing commercials I cannot get a legally hooked carp over 10 lb, well done to her for landing it as well !

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Yes good PB for your Grand daughter

The one thing my son needs to learn is to pick his feet up and tread quietly on the bank side

he(like all boys of about 12-16) seem to only move by shuffling his feet