blackstone bewdley

fruitowl

Reaction score
has anyone fished here lately looking to go aug 3rd,
also any advice on what lead weight to use looknig for barbel on the feeder also may do some trotting.
:rolleyes:

the wise one

Reaction score
has anyone fished here lately looking to go aug 3rd,
also any advice on what lead weight to use looknig for barbel on the feeder also may do some trotting.
:rolleyes:

Doesn't it depend on the current level and flow on the 3rd August?

You might get away with as little as a couple of swan shot if it is running low and clear, or you might need 6 or 8oz if it is in full flood!!!

Simple answer is, there isn't a simple answer. Take a variety and use the appropriate weight for the swim and the conditions on the day.

T.W.O

fruitowl

Reaction score
well 8 and a half hours on the river and all i got was 2 small perch as nice as they were got to watch salmon jumping and some beautiful kingfishers
spoke to 5 other anglers and they all blanked 3 packed up and went else where :(

smithdave

Reaction score
This stretch is rather like my ex wife.
It's not too bad to look at, quite shallow, but does have an unusual entrance.
There's not much sport, just the occasional flurry around sunset.
The local rowing club go through it regularly and it can be quite noisy.
It did used to be called "blackrock", but vandals kept changing the signs, which is ironic as my ex was partial to a black......stone !

fruitowl

Reaction score
thanks for the responses found it most amusing looks like a spot to avoid for a while will have to try fladbury and arley over the next few weeks :rolleyes:

cheef87

Reaction score
plenty of barbel around blackstone useually alot better with water on though when low find the deeper holes,you will have some good sport

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Not managed to do much river fishing but went on the Salwarpe at Hawford Bridge yesterday, five hours, one perch, sound familiar? Again, levels at normal (5-6'0) but flow was very slow, (tried maggot, castor, corn, hemp and tare, meat and worm which finally tempted the perch) Maybe it's the weather (or maybe my lack of ability is shining through)

cheef87

Reaction score
Not managed to do much river fishing but went on the Salwarpe at Hawford Bridge yesterday, five hours, one perch, sound familiar? Again, levels at normal (5-6'0) but flow was very slow, (tried maggot, castor, corn, hemp and tare, meat and worm which finally tempted the perch) Maybe it's the weather (or maybe my lack of ability is shining through)

its definatly harder with low water but keep moving and find the fish where there shoaled up and keep low and quiet on a small river should help alot

fruitowl

Reaction score

if yours saying you got lack of ability i'm in serous trouble