YCSG Carp School

Keith Napier

Reaction score
The Yorkshire Carp Study group carp School will be held during the weekend of Saturday 24th May to Monday 26th May 2008.

The event is open to boys (and girls) aged between 10 and 17 and is held on a 'No publicity' venue near Harrogate. We teach hands on practical lessons including Carp care, rigs and knots, Bait and bait application, Method fishing, floater fishing, location and feature finding. This is not like any school you have ever been to before!!

You will spend the evenings and nights fishing under supervision to practice the things you have learned. There is a charge of £65 which covers all meals and drinks, tuiton supervision, permits and bait.

We provide a tackle pack and bait to start with, and a goody bag and bait to go home with. If you want to know more or book a place please give me a ring on 07900 188308 or emailkeith.napier@btopenworld.com

pcpaulh

Reaction score
If it were more local and there were spaces available I would love to go. I understand the basics of carping although feel I could learn a lot from more experianced carpers in real life.

Deanos

Reaction score
Do you hold Carp schools for big boys aged about 48 Keith?....you are right on my doorstep and I would be interested!!!!

best regards, Deanos.

Keith Napier

Reaction score
The kids we need to reach most are the hardest to reach. Kids just starting carping often dont read the mags and might not yet know about web sites. So if you see any youngster out there who would clearly benefit from being shown the right and safe way to do it, please point him in our direction via the website

Cheers

KeithNapier

Keith Napier

Reaction score
Not had any response from this site for the School. No JUniors out there? Still have some places if anyone is interested

Deanos

Reaction score
Hi Keith,If it would be possible to let me have some basic publicity (pm me if so), I would be happy to pass this on to the two local youth centres near me, (see if I can get a mention for the weekend in the local press)in Harrogate and Knaresborough (one of which Ihold classesat on a weekly basis), I would also be happy to take an ad into my local tackle shop, they are good guys and I am sure would be happy to display a poster if you wish to go down any of these lines.

If in the future you plan any events or teach ins for adults please let me know in good time as getting time off from the "day job" can be a long term thing.

Couple of adult customers for you if you run a course for the big boys /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif)))).Best regards, Deanos.

Keith Napier

Reaction score
Thanks mate, It should be in one of the Harrogate shops, and we have some publicity, I was just concerned that youngsters on the site read this and think a school is somehow

not for them for some misplaced reason. The word school fails to describe how much fun it is, loads of free tackle and bait, what more can I say! Dont let the title put anyone off. We have some of the best anglers in Yorkshire if not the country teaching up to date tactics at the top level. You want any more details just get in touch.

Ill get back to youabout a poster, thanks for the offer

Keith Napier

07900 188308