New Member :0)

uncle_jo

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been fishing for about a year, i often go to Somerset with my brother in law and he has shown me the ropes,

But i live in surrey and i wanna know some good places to go!!

I took my little brother to henfold lakes which was nice, but i like to try new places.

Also i would love to just park up and fish along the River Thames.. (its free and easy to get to for me) lol,
Does anyone know of any good spots near Hampton Court or surrounds?? and have any experience or tips they can give me i would be very grateful??

Thanks

Jodie

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Cant help i am afraid but welcome to the forum , i went to college in Kingston , nearly got busted trying to break into Hampton court maze , b******y students or Bob Dylans as the locals used to call us.

blounty65

Reaction score
hi jodie welcome to the forum, im pretty sure someone will help with some venues for you and your bro

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Jodie and welcome to FishingMagic.

The weirstream at Hampton Court always used to produce some good fish as did the area upstream of the confluence with the River Mole.

That was a few years ago mind . . . . .

steve_knight

Reaction score
Welcome Uncle Jo.

I asked the same question and was told of this website

fishing

found a few places i didn't know.

I also found ignorance is bliss where fishing the Thames is concerned, as long as i don't go onto private land (Jump, open, walk through open gates or broken fences), and use public footpaths to access and walk along the bank, if I don't pass a sign that tells me that the stretch is a private fishery, I look for other tell tell sign of club waters like marked out swims or pegs, and the obvious way, if i see others fishing, I ask them. Once I've done everything i can to ensure that i'm not fishing a club stretch, then i fish. after a while you get to know the "free" sections

best of luck
Steve

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Welcome to FM Jodie.
Jerry
PS Most people panic when they can't find their way OUT Benny;)

I think she must have been in we o ly got as far as scaling the wall and there were guards everywhere so we legged it.

uncle_jo

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome! And the advice and locations! I'm sure I'll be back with more questions very soon!!! LoL!!

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Enjoy the forum mate tell me are any of these pubs still going in the Surbiton area ? The Surbiton , the Bishop and Gazebo , the White Hart on the river ?

uncle_jo

Reaction score
bennygesserit said:
Enjoy the forum mate tell me are any of these pubs still going in the Surbiton area ? The Surbiton , the Bishop and Gazebo , the White Hart on the river ?

I'm not too sure, I'm more Esher/Cobham area! If I ever see any on my trips I'll be sure to let you know!

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Jo.

Thames from Staines all the way down is free fishing if theres access. My suggestions would be 30 years out of date, but the big meadow below Chertsey bridge was a nice spot to fish on the float or targeting the far bank willows. Similar down towards Shepperton, but parking is difficult. A weir permit would help with some of the weirs - barbel etc. And even further downstream at Kingston i understand theres a lot of bream about these days.

The hotspot I used to frequent 30 yrs ago is where the Hogsmill joins but this has all been redeveloped now - I used to wade upstream behind Woolworths to reach a disused mooring area, just possible with thigh waders keeping tight to the edge, for some very good bags of roach and the odd bream in winter, and large carp were also present there. This was great unless the water level rose - as it did once and i couldnt wade back out again so had to clamber over 7ft walls and trespass my way out (the things you can do when youre young). But like i say, its all been redeveloped now - that once secluded spot now has a shoppers walkway going right though it.

If youre Esher way, id also be looking closely at the Mole - lovely river for chub, or even the Wey.

On the lakes front, you cant go wrong having a session at Old Bury Hill on the day ticket.

Last edited: