Lure Predator Grand Slam Competition

Reaction score
Please email me @ manchesterangler@gmail.com if you wish to reserve a boat or kayak entry.

UK Lure Grand Slam Challenge 2012

13th October - KAYAK INDIVIDUAL ENTRY @ £25
14th October - BOAT, TEAM OF 2 @ £30
Hosted by Esthwaite Water.

A unique challenge afloat, incorporating both boat and kayak lure anglers competing to catch the longest combined length of three predators; Pike, Perch & Trout in one day!
Only the best multi skilled angler will prevail, in the ultimate lure angler’s challenge. Have you got what it takes to be the “UK Lure Grand Slam Champion”?

The competition's origin is from USA, whereby kayak anglers fish over a weekend (Day One: practice & Day Two: competition) to complete the challenge of catching three predators in one day. The longest combined length of a "Grand Slam Catch" is the winner. It's a competition designed to test and challenge anglers in their quest to catch their grand slam whilst competing in a friendly environment.

All fish have to be photographed against an official measure with a digital camera and then presented to the organiser at the end of the competition day. There will be two prize tables. Kayak: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Boat 1st, 2nd, 3rd as well as an overall "Grand Slam Champ"

Many Thanks

Andrew Hoyle

Last edited:
Reaction score
We have a start, I have posted this thread on a few other websites and will keep all threads up to date.

4 x places reserved, only 36 left!

1 x kayak, 19 available.
3 x boat, 17 available.

Reaction score
FORMAT UPDATE

Savage Gear have offered to support the event with prizes depending on end format and interest.

It appears that a pairs competition would be a preferred format rather than my original individual competition with random draw for boat partner. This would totally separate the kayak and boat competition with no overall "Grand Slam Champ" but instead two Champions, one kayak and one boat.

So therefore, the UK Lure Grand Slam will be competed as a pairs competition for boat anglers and as an individual competition for kayak anglers. I am willing to pair individual boat anglers together if anybody requires this.

I need anglers to reserve tickets and indicate their interest within the next few weeks before the event can be arranged and tickets but on sale. You are under no commitment by reserving just showing an intention to fish the "Grand Slam".

Cheers

Andrew