oxfordshire thames

jasonbean1

Reaction score
just walked the Thames this morning fom the city centre up through Port Meadow to Wolvercote.....

What a healthy river this is, the amount of large fish i've seen and the millions of fry in the bays is unbeleivable. Bream shoals on the top numbering 50 3lb plus fish, chub sat behind moored up boats that must be 6,7lb plus, double figure carp just staring at you!...and the fry being chased by monster perch were uncountable.

the oxfordshire thames tributaries may be going down the pan but the thames is stuffed with fish around oxford. Fished Donnington bridge at the weekend and the roach fishing was amazing...where else can you go nowadays and catch pound plus roach regularly on a river?

Just watching these fish today was more than enough justification to not fish a commercial, I fish the Wye and Severn a fair bit but i've never seen those rivers look as healthy as this bit of the thames....

Very easy to moan about the current state of rivers and predation but town/city waters with lots of people around will be the saving grace of our fishing..just have to get used to the hassle

Cheers
Jason