The Only Saving Grace of a Pretty Dismal Winter

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
Just goes to show that they don`t have to be monsters....i still consider myself a relative newcomer to lure fishing and have yet to land anything over 5lbs but it doesn`t bother me one bit.

I get a real buzz seeing any pike following my lure right in to the last knockings at the bank and when i cast out and feel something having a quick nip at my lure,that gets the old juices flowing as well !

I can`t wait for summer and the chance to catch a pike off the surface !

Excellent read lee.....got me in the mood for some lure flinging on the nene this friday !

Reaction score
Another great read Lee.

It's amazing how many people do see lure fishing as a summer-only method.

On the Severn spinning in January/ February often produces the best sport for zander and pike, and because no one else is doing it you have all the fish to yourself /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

CAT

Reaction score
Sound articlethat lee.

Good going that 13 fish between you both,plus you gota Jack on the fly rod.

They dont have to be monsters to be appreciated, im like you i love catching them all bigor small its all about catching fish.

You got me thinking now though, imtaking my fly rod for a run outnext session!

Y

Yoggy [CSG]

A super dupa read matey. Personally I lure fish throughout the season.

Years ago I freely admit I was a big pike only man. Targeting the waters I knew heldbig-uns. But time has mellowed me andnowI enjoy just simply fishing for Pike no-matter what size.

My Fenland drains are now where I do 99% of my lure fishing. If you havn`t fished the drains yet Swordsy get yer bot down here, myself and Nick will make you welcome.

P

Peter Jacobs (ACA, SAA, CA)

Nice one Lee.

That Ron is not right you know, he said you were an ugly B'stard.

I'd steer clear of Manc-land if I were you.

[insert, oh fuk, U-No-wot]

Morespiders

Reaction score
Good day out for you both Lee, nothing like walking the bank's this time of year lurefishing, better than just sitting there freezing your thing's off.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Enjoyed that Lee, was planning on carping on the weekend. Instead 15mins after reading your article I found myself in the tackle shop looking for a something to make my wallet lighter and catcha few pike.

Reaction score
Cracking article Lee (or should I call youMaster Metaphor).

It really is a refreshing change to pick up a tiny bag of lures and head off fishing with minimum effort. It's funny, I always associated lure fishing for pike with the winter months. If nothing else it keeps you busy and warm.

Some brilliant photos too, especially the first one (nice product placement!).

Did Daniel go to FP? His name rings a bell.

Reaction score
nice piecemr swords,cant beat a bit of sport with light gear and jacks,spot on mate/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Deanos

Reaction score
Grand bit of writing Lee, how the hell you find time working all the hours is beyond me.

I like the hat!....more "Gothic" insignia should be worn in angling, I feel apart from the disco wear of the 80s as still worn by the match boys, angling is far to drab.

I myself go for the "oxfam/help the aged" look. At the moment I am mainly fishing ina huge bright blue ski suit, pork pie hat andhobnail boots.

Whens the dvd on the market Lee? and will you be eating boilies and stuff on it as well as catching a few?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Deanos wrote (see)<blockquote class=quote>

I myself go for the "oxfam/help the aged" look. At the moment I am mainly fishing ina huge bright blue ski suit, pork pie hat andhobnail boots.

Whens the dvd on the market Lee? and will you be eating boilies and stuff on it as well as catching a few?</blockquote>

Deanos -- You crack me up ..............

I'm just picturing you in your bright blue ski suit, pork pie hat andhobnail boots!!

Noel80

Reaction score
Nice article. Personally I prefer using Bombay Braid and Lahore Lures but each to their own.

/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Cracking read Lee!

I've not done any lure fishing for Pike for a few years now. Still have most of the collection though, I'll have a few days out when I get back.

I prefer lure fishing in the summer, maybe I'm soft!

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Hello ...sorry about the hat thing...One of the fish wa caught from Dam flask and the barbel hat had to go on it was sooo bloody cold that day.

Matt you have mail

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Matt you are correct Dan did go to FP...Big lad...Won all the cross country runs...By about a mile.

Reaction score
The Calcutta braid is the dogs danglies.

My 10 year old spent hours casting a lure recently (his first time) and didn't get a single tangle. When he got a bit over confident and cast into a marginal tree, the braid came good and pulled the lure free.

The shads are nice too - very photogenic! They seem to ride very well in the water and keep the top mounted hook away from the bottom.

How about posting some tips on working them Lee?