knotless knot and flourocarbon

V

vince battams

i want to make my own hair rigs using flourocarbon as my hooklength, can i use the knotless knot with this material and how do i go about making a hair rig using the knotless knot?

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Hi Vince, you can pretty much use the knotless knot with any material. If you go into the'Rigs Page' from the homepage of Fishing Magic the click on the feature 'Get Properly Knotted' that should do the trick for you.

C

Chris Betts

Vince I use flourocarbon a great deal. I also use the knotless knot for all my rigs.
I normally use a fox series 1 hook, I have never had one of these fail, even in size 8. All I do is make the hair out of the tag end of the knot. Infact I form the loop of the hair first, then tie the knot to give me the hair length I need. Five turn knotless knot and job done. I use the same system with 20lb and 15lb breaking strain vanish which I really rate.

I think the fact that the hair is springy might actually provide a little anti-eject effect.

S

Simon Webster

Yes, no problem. one thing to do, since fluorocarbon is a little slippery is to superglue the knot and/or use a little piece of tube at the exit of the hair. This way, you can add a little bit more of an angle, which may help anti-eject properties, and make sure the hair exits in line with the back of the hook. Hope this helps. I'm not a great fan of fluorocarbon hooklengths, (I feel compelled to cahnge them after every fish, since they seem to look a bit second hand rather quickly) but they do work. I 'm much happier with a Snakeskin combi hooklength, but I've caught on fl. hooklengths. I think confidence is the main thing here, so good luck! Simon