favourite time to be out fishing

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
For me its the last hour before dusk and into dusk in the summer

The birds as chirping as they roost , a stillness falls over the water and for me to sit in the quiet and catch a last fish or two makes the day

If I'm not fishing then the same time of evening in the garden enjoying a beer is a great way to.end the day

bennygesserit

Reaction score
I love getting to Furnace Mill just as its opening the entrance is on a hill and you can look down on the pools , nestled in the Wyre Forest , watch the carp bubbles popping round the water and have that wonderful sense of anticipation that you are going to catch loads today.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Dawn or early morning in the summer but dusk in winter. I guess its because of what I'm hoping to catch...tench in summer & roach or zander in winter.

I've always been a morning person. Even if I'm not fishing I'm often up and about early doors. I just love the stillness of a summer morning...all I need is my own company,a bit of birdsong & a cup of tea. Magic.

terry m

Reaction score
Dawn or dusk for me too.

Although early evening through dusk is probably the most productive, watching the dawn unfold after a night session is truly magical. Watching the early morning mist being burnt off by the rising sun is something I never get tired of witnessing.

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
Dawn or early morning in the summer but dusk in winter. I guess its because of what I'm hoping to catch...tench in summer & roach or zander in winter.

I've always been a morning person. Even if I'm not fishing I'm often up and about early doors. I just love the stillness of a summer morning...all I need is my own company,a bit of birdsong & a cup of tea. Magic.

Bang on. Naturally I am not a morning person though. Left to my own devices i would be up very late at night and very late in the morning too. Getting up for fishing at 3.30am is the ONLY thing i can do that for - unless someone bought me an early plane ticket to somewhere very special, but that is unlikely.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Dawn and dusk for me too.

If on 2 or 3 day/night session I only fish for about an hour or two into darkness, then bring the rods in and sleep for a few hours but start again a couple of hours before dawn.

Pure magic I reckon.

On the river though I prefer that last hour or so before darkness falls, I usually try to get back to the car park in time for the dying embers of daylight and just watch for a little while with a nice fresh cuppa!

dannytaylor

Reaction score
im finding it harder and harder to drag my sorry carcus out of bed for an early start in the summer months, winters fine but summer..................

i like to night fish you get to experience both dawn and dusk. Got to agree with the "lord of sheffield" there is something magic as the light fades and the bats stir. Been doing a lot of eel fishing this summer and you cant beat the anticipation as the light fades will tonight be the night? (going on this summers results the answer to that would be no :D)