Bridge tackle/Hotel

oldmac1

Reaction score
Two of us had intended to stay at the Bridge in Bewdley this week, but we have been put off by the very poor reports (in Trip Advisor) re the condition of the place. (we are now staying at a local pub).
Has anyone had any experience of this place please?

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
Mate, I was about to write a post about tripadvisor... in as much as I think sometimes you need to take a pinch of salt with the reviews, there seems to be a rather peculiar breed of person who enjoys writing awful reviews (you know, "Imagine my horror as I realised that the soap in the bathroom was just Imperial Leather, not boutique at all!" that kind of thing)

But then I read the reviews you're talking about, and I think you've probably made a very good decision! Sorrry, I don't know the place myself, but to get 8 straight "terrible" reviews from a range of different people who don't always slag stuff off... I think this is what TA is there for!

Bluenose

Reaction score
I think it depends what you want?

Anglers by and large will crash down anywhere. I've stayed in 'angling' accommodation including in Bewdley and by and large it is often a bit more worn and scruffy that a typical 'non angling' hotel or B&B. Probably due to the nature of the people using it and the fact they're constantly waking in with muddy boots, muddy clothes etc.

Travelodge often do decent deals for an overnighter especially if booked in advance, however even these can vary massively from one lodge to the next.

Last edited:

Steve Ruff

Reaction score
I have been coming up to Bewdley / The Teme / The River Severn for the last ten years or so ... was last up in July when the Severn was well up due to the floods but I understand it has dropped back to normal levels now.

St@n Lewis's tackle shop in Bewdley is unique and worth a visit even if its just so you can say that you have experienced it - he still has an Intrepid Prince reel in the window for sale and tidyness isn't at the top of his "to-do" list each morning it would appear.

Next door to his tackle shop is the guest house you refer to and I leave it to you to make your own mind up when you visit Bewdley - but its probably best you chose to stay elsewhere.

Having said that St@n is really helpful once you have bought a day ticket from him - he has his own stretches close to the shop and further along the Severn as well as BAA tickets.

There is another tackle shop which has opened up in Bewdley close to the Church on the left hand side of the highstreet as well so may be worth poping in there as well to see if they know of any good local stretches you could go to.

The KDAA stretch which Jason Ford looks after (just up from St@ns shop - park in the car park and a short walk) may be worth a go.

WILLOW CREEK ANGLING CLUB,willowcreekanglingclub

Jason is the big guy with a beard at the back of the second photograph down and is a really good guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpKZVCSidSA&feature=player_embedded

Have a great time when you are there.

Last edited: