Praise Where it?s Due?

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)
  • Start date
R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

I don't think Graham's accent is broad.

You should hear Brummie Williams or even Ed!

/forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif)

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

I would add Eddie Cardus to that list.

Organising The species Hunt takes some doing. Not strictly my cup of tea, but hats off to Eddie for putting his own knowledge and expierience forward for others to take part in and enjoy.

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

I agree, and not just regarding Eddie Cardus, who does a great job, but several others as well, including Neil Maidment who does a cracking job of the Gold Valley match and contributes regularly, and the same with Steve Spiller with the Predator Fish-in, and Beecy with the Idle fish-in, Mark with Sywell, Nigel with the grayling day, Baz for the bream fish-in, Lee Swords for the Trent, Social fish-in Pikey Paul and Matty C and catfish. And I've still probably forgotten somebody, which I duly apologise for in advance.

That's the problem with any article that praises individuals by name. It's the ones left out that shouldn't be forgotten.

Although I don't think for one minute that Chubber means any disrespect as he'll no doubt say when he sees the thread.

B

Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)

I have been a member of FM for just over a year now and the article was just a quicky one afternoon as i sat thinking. I know far from all of you on Fm and offer a deep regret for not mentioning those above. Having had no experience of fishin's and the like i havevery litle knowledge of what these guys have done.But do agree those people mentioned should also be praised for there contibutions to FM. kindest regards to all , Chubber

Deanos

Reaction score
Gordon Whoppit says "no problem being left" out Graham!....he was named South Yorkshire Bingo caller of the month for January, so doesnt need the publicity.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Bob, they are all a great bunch of lads and lassies on FM.

For me, it is amazing how such a wide spectrum of anglers are all brought together on FM and that goes for the wide spectrum of different careers (not forgetting all the retired guys as well) that all of the anglers have too.

I have made some absolutely fantastic friends through FM and I have travelled to many different venues accross the country which I would have never visited if I had not beenamember of FM.

I can remember sneaking up on Ron in the dark on the Trent one night at Swordsy's Fish-in, to be greated by Ron saying "that's a fine South West accent you've got there, you must be Steve". I thought you were very polite Ron, I normally get "bl**dy hell you sound like a farmer, where's your tractor parked too?"

Hats off to Graham and his team, without whom none of this would be possible.

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Praise where it,s due; To Graham and the staff of F M for there hard work,in keeping the site up and running. And as all the above. And to all the members for all there input.

As this is what makes Fishing Magic.com MAGIC.

W

Wolfman Woody

"Either he loves fishing or writing, one of the two, or both."

Both, very much, to reply. I'm even writing some articles for ThinkCamera now <u>IF</u> they ever get published, trying to stir up more interest.

But Thank You Bob for the mention.

And I don't have an accent any longer - according to Mr Marsden.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

No praise needed for me Bob.Just getting FMers together on the bank for a days fishing every once in a while is reward enough.The site is the sum total of all its parts and everyone's contributions whether by posting, submitting reviews or even just logging on to readthe various ramblings are important.

B

Bully

No praise needed for me either.............

...........what, I wasn't mentioned? You......./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

The Monk

Reaction score
I`m surprised you didnt mention the world famous 20,000 fmers Bob/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

"you should hear Brummie Williams or even Ed"

I go away for a few days and all sorts of dross take my....and that fine Liverpudlians, name in vain.

Don't know who you are Mr Clay but please enter FM in the correct manner....eg, via the Newcommers section

/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

It's alright Brummie

---Ron's having his hallucinations again .......... We used to spend a fortune on LSD(acid) for the psychedelic experience and Ron gets them for nothing ,,....

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Think he will bring some to the next "drink out" ?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

He doesn't need it ----------- It's all permanently built into his head !

Muffin

Reaction score
I had reached a stale point in my fishing until I started reading this website, I've found everyone to be soknowledgable and willing to help.

You have all re-ignited my passion for fishing and once again I cant think of anything else for the rest of the time I'm not fishing!

Thanks to everyone (especially Steve Spiller, for getting me hooked on trotting the river!) who has helped make FM the magical and informative place it is, and I look forward to learning and hopefully helping others for years to come!

Simon

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cheers Paul; Any time in which I can help you, just let me know mate!

Tight lines.