Fishing clothing

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
What do you where

apart from a Sundridge bib and brace set and a fleece (can't remember which mak) tha twas bought for me as a birthday present all my fishing clothing is standard wear that I've downgraded to fishing

An old pair of brown cord trousers, a pair of old hiking boots, a green hoddie, various green t shirts (these ahve been bought for fishing but aren't from any tackle company) old army shirt and an old army jacket

oh yes and a pair of korum wellies

do you buy clothes from tackle companies or just use old clothes - or just go in what you are wearing at the time

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you go to Aldi this Sunday you will be able to stock up on all you need..........The camo T-Shirt and Cargo Pants combo does look like pyjamas though.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Preston Dri Fish Jacket/ Drennan bib & brace during the colder months – ESP lined hoody fleece. Ex-army para smock for rivers.

Craghoppers or jogging bottoms – non-fishing T shirts during the warmer months.

Skee Tex barbel/field boots for three seasons – Skee Tex Moon boots for very cold conditions where not much walking is involved.
Jerry

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
In the summer it doesn't matter too much, I've just ordered a poncho, so I don't have to carry a brolly when I'm roaming.

I understand from some of your earlier posts that most of your venues are fairly close to where you live. I wish I could say the same.

So for me, I have limited time that I can actually fish and also have to make the best of the conditions as they come.

Strangely, last week I thought about kitting myself up for the poorer weather, I phoned a few local tackle shops and to be honest was totally underwhelmed with the response.

Bearing in mind that we are supposed to be in a recession and companies are supposedly eager for trade, then the response that I received was completely underwhelming.

Some of the companies that I rang seemed not to give a "fig", if I bought from them or not. I looked up the items that I wanted and trawled the net. I found a company that seemed to give the best price and would deliver for free, I the approached a company called "Go outdoors" They said that would beat any price and give a further 10 percent discount on top. I found the best price. taking delivery into account and saved over 30 percent off the list price.

Last edited:

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
I the approached a company called "Go outdoors" They said that would beat any price and give a further 10 percent discount on top. I found the best price. taking delivery into account and saved over 30 percent off the list price.

Used this company to buy a TFG Compact seat box (cost under £43) and just ordered:

Okuma Aventa Centre Pin VT1002 Match Reel | GO Outdoors

They regularly have additional discounts and the card is only about a fiver a year.

Don't always believe the stores stock level, best to order on line and they email when ready for collection, that aside, another very satisfied customer

barbelboi

Reaction score
In the summer it doesn't matter too much, I've just ordered a poncho, so I don't have to carry a brolly when I'm roaming.

Very much agree with you on the poncho for roaming Ray, had an ex-army one for more years than I care to remember and apart from a couple of punctures (easily fixed) is built to last and 100% waterproof.
Jerry

terry m

Reaction score
Shimanoa Tribal bib and brace which is superb, also a Diem fleece with a hood that is great in the colder weather.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I tend to buy fishing specific clothing but I don't spend silly money, I find wychwood clothing to be fantastic value, I have just bought their carp smock and it is really, really warm and very well made for £35! Diem gear is good value too.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Now my kids are grown up I get to wear their hand me ups , a while ago they were throwing away some boots which I nabbed , then found out they were 170 quid a pair ! Rockport or something like that , I also nabbed a versace Tshirt Lord knows how much that cost , so I am going fishing in my designer boots and t shirt and my lad said " bl***y hell Dad you want to mind they don't think you are Polish and don't let you in"

Of course thats racist so I gave him a damn good thrashing.

andreagrispi

Reaction score
Apart from proper fishing winter clothing, I use old jeans, shirts, coats ect - in fact, half the time, I look like a tramp.

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I must admit, my fishing tailor is usually the charity shop. Going in when they are quiet and asking if they have any skiing salopettes in summer is a good way of getting cheap fishing overtrousers.

terry m

Reaction score
I really like the look of some of the Jack Pyke products, but the prices are more aimed at the shooting fraternity rather than anglers.

skullsat

Reaction score
Jeans etc in the summer,daiwa bib and brace with daiwa coat in the winter,plus long johns of course.