Korum Stormshield Brolly

Jonathan Whitham

Reaction score
Maybe I'm being a bit thick, but what does 'pole can be located at the rear' mean?

(Yes,I have read what I've put -but this is the description!!!)

Deanos

Reaction score
Hi Jonathan,

My take on this would be that like some other brollies, you can unscrew the main shaft that supports the brolly, and screw it back in above the spines to give you a tilted angle.

I will be able to tell you soon as I have one on order /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

I'm sure that is exactly what Graham means Deano's.....didn't know they did a Sumo special /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Graham....would this fit into the large pocket of the korum quiver....or similiar sized quiver pockets?

Sounds perfect for the summer over nighters i have planned if it does.

Deanos

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly Brummie, I would be very suprised if it doesent match up with all the other Korum gear for transporting. Along with Drennan, Korum are rapidly becoming big favourites with me...well thought out and good quality.

PS.

I think if i back into the umbrella I should have enough room, do fox do camo reversing lights for blokes with bums bigger than Denby Dales pie!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

What you have to bear in mind is that it's not meant as something you'd slip into a quiver for river roving, but more for fishing either river or stillwater from a fixed position, where you don't have far to walk or can take it on a barrow or trolley.

Deanos

Reaction score
Oh bugger!....most of my fishing is based around treks to get to the bank, then treks whilst fishing covering a fair few swims.

Back to the drawing board!

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Thats just it Wol.....i want something i can fit into my quiver...ok, i'll take a slightly larger quiver, but i don't want to take "wheels"

I want a good brolly, with just that bit extra........i'm sure its obtainable, but is it fashionable enough?

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Just read your latest post Deano.................the river mans perfect "brolly" now theres a challenge!....cancel ya order!

Steve Handley

Reaction score
Since my last umbrella went 'walkabout' last summer I've been looking for a decent, well made brolly.

I'm planning to join a 200+ acre pit near Lincoln this season and because of its size it is open to the elements. I don't want a bivvy, but I need something a bit bigger and stronger than a normal umbrella, so the Korum looks ideal, as long I don't have far to walk!

As for my winter river sessions, I'll just have to get wet or end up like Arnie!

P

pons

Yes ,it does fit ALL the Korum quivers and holdalls,even the two newest ,the lightweight and total protection,a point I asked John Walsh at Korum before I had them.

He just rolled his eyes ,and smiled at me,and said ,"what do you think ,Pons."

Another pukka piece ofkit.

Pons

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Paul, i really do rate the Stealth, i'll bring it along to Sywell. Its well made, light, a doddle to put up, clever gutter system and without any doubt its really has been put to the test, 10 out of 10, see what you think.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Wol.......i've got one! had it from JK last year, just forgot it's name lol.

Bit big, i tend to sit on a comfy lightweight chair on one nighters and a slightly scaled down version would be superb.

Deanos

Reaction score
Oh come on Brummie, lets not listen to Wol!....mines on the way as we speak anyway.

Just like yourself I sit it out on the lightweight chair etc!

Mind you...if we both end up with hernias, Wol will piss himself laughing at us!

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Deanos....Wol will always piss himself laughing at us, and with us as he takes it back.

The Tits ok /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Reaction score
Is there a wrap available for this brolly?

I currently don't own a bivvy and also need a new brolly - so this brolly could be the answer (although the weight may be the downside).

How does this brolly compare to the JRC Oval / JRC stealth?

The stealth is available at Erics for only £99 with wrap and storm poles.

Does anyone know how the compare quality/weight wise?

Matt

Deanos

Reaction score
Matt,

Give Erics a ring.

Its a good shop...but totally chaotic mate!

You might have a long wait on the reply.

I have just got my KSB today Matt, the weight does not bother me too much to be honest, I will know more after I lug it over a few fields early next summer!. I tend to set up a central point and wonder off to swims anyway, so for me I think its going to be perfect (also got a GOOD deal from my local angling shop).

Regards, Deanos.

Reaction score
Hi Deanos

I'll probably end up giving them a call. I bought one of my barbel rods from them - the service was great - quick and free next day delivery. I wish they were on my doorstep.

The review mentioned the weight as a bit of a downer - but I haven't compared that to my humble brolly yet.

If Korum are bringing out a wrap then it might be a goer for me as I am looking for a new brolly but with the flexibility to add a wrap for the occasional overnighter.

Otherwise the JRC stealth looks a good option at £99 all in.

Deanos

Reaction score
I love the shop Matt, it is total mayhem, there are loads of kids wondering about eating egg and bacon butties (supposed to be serving!/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif), you trip up over boxes of bait and tackle....BUT they go out of their way to help you, an old style angling shop....bloody great and a good laugh guaranteed.

Let me know what you think of the stealth Matt.