What bivvy ?

big worm

Reaction score
Going to do some overnighters soon when the weather warms up.Can any one recommend a reasonable priced 2 man bivvy.thanks

Milo

Reaction score
I've got one of those! I got it from Hinders years ago and it's still going strong. Great for short-stay camping too /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
hi there m8 there as been numurous threads on here about bivvies and which one is best to start with it would be handy to know how much cash you willing to splash out on one,if you want a dome or pram system ,built in ground sheet,twin skin theres loads of details you can put down what your looking for and im sure you will get alot more responce me personally would go for a middle of the road pram system like the jrc sti 2man or something of simillar quality hope this helps

eel611

Reaction score
Cypry no good when windy, try getting a 2nd hand 'pram hood' no need for a 2nd skin for overnighters and erected in a couple of minutes.

Milo

Reaction score
Yeah, the Cypry is easy to put up and take down when it's still! Heheh! Even with two people! I was toying with the idea of a pram-hood tbh. I've seen some nice looking bivvies set-up but, you can't get a feel for how they are "out in the wild" for setting up/putting away...

stephen walker

Reaction score
i bought a nash double top when they first came out and they boast it will make a good 2 man bivvy if you remove the inner,but then you have no ground sheet.its reasoably priced and not bad for a nash although i replaced mine with a trident, not because it was poo but i burnt a big hole in it,silly me/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

BASSETT

Reaction score
T F Gear Force 8, 2 man bivvy, takes seconds to put up, and gives you loads of protection

hope this helps

Bassett!!

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Basset was that not you asking for reccomendations for a bivvy recently?

addicts

Reaction score
tf frorce 8 was the the worst bivvy i ever brought i was so impressed that i threw it away as for the cypry it has never let me down in any weather and bassett im impressed you can get it up with no problem getting it down and packed away is another thing i had it in the wind and it broke total rubish and too thin and cold

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Not too keen on the Cypry either addicts ,glorified two man tent if you ask me ,which I can get for twenty notes.

moody

Reaction score
hello big worm! dont know if its any help but i was in your boat six months ago,and in the end i bought a package deal of bed char and bivvy from fishtec or as its sometimes called (the matt hayes retirement fund)but i was a bit dubious about the quality.The bivvy was the tf gear x shell pram hood style,and i have to say that for the money which was £97 delivered to my door with a bed chair aswell,its bloody brilliant mate it kept me well protected for the last 2 nights plenty of room too, just keep dry and invest as much in a good bag and cover as you can afford !one more thing ,haggle on the phone when you order the salesmen have plenty of room on price to play with ,good luck in your overnight adventures mate!

Milo

Reaction score
I'm very tempted to splash-out on a new bivvy, as I'd use it for weekend camping trips (when the new missus wants to go away but, is banning me from fishing /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif )

big worm

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help.

I have purchased a JRC STI 2 man twin skin.

I will let you know how i rate it.