Kinver Freeliners - Hampton Loade

Weeman

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thinking of having a day after barbel at the Kinver Freeliners Hampton Loade stretch next week.

Anyone fish it?

Any thoughts on what to expect and how to fish it would be appreciated.

Steve Ruff

Reaction score
Its a good stretch but be prepared to loose some feeders as it can be rocky in places and sometimes a not that deep in places (but that depends how much water is in the river at any given time).

Matt Hayes filmed a piece there (or very close to there) with Mick Brown where he used his "timebomb" method and did really well - but that was a while ago and I think the barbel have wised up to that method now.

Steve Williams at Kinver Free Liners is really helpful so you could drop him an e-mail and I am sure he will give you some tips.

---------- Post added at 07:18 ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 ----------

kinverfreelinersac.com/hamptonloade.htm

---------- Post added at 08:04 ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 ----------

River Severn at Hampton Loade Controlled by Kinver Freeliners Angling Club

Steve Ruff

Reaction score
Update as at 3/8 from Steve Williams as follows ...

(from webcam site - scroll down to where it says "Local Reports")

Farson Digital Watercams - Hi-def webcam on River Severn, at Bewdley

"Low and clear. added: 3rd Aug 2012 posted by: Steve Williams

Well its that time of the season again.

The level is down to nsl (normal summer level), the colour has now dropped out completely and the fishing has slowed right down.

There are still some fish willing to feed, but generally its dawn and dusk, into dark for the best action.

I managed a very short session mid week, and took one medium sized Barbel and a couple of Chub on rolled meat through some fast broken water.

I only actually fished for about 30 mins, as it was a new bit of water to me, and I spent a bit of time wading around checking out the depths etc.

I also heard of a couple of nice catches from the Unicorn Inn stretch, including a 10,4 to one dayticket angler.

Without much rain forecast for the coming week I expect things will stay very much the same.

Its probably the ideal time to get the float rod out and just fish for whatever comes along.

It might be a good Chub or a nice bag of Roach and Dace, or you might just be lucky to catch one of the decent Perch that now seem to be inhabiting the middle Severn.

Tight lines,

Steve Williams"