J.W. S.A. Q. Rod

• Thread starter Les Clark ( not too proud to nick a good idea fro
  • Start date
L

Les Clark ( not too proud to nick a good idea fro

I`m looking to get away from carp fishing this season and need to buy a pair of all round rods for tench , bream small carp , in fact day session pleasure fishing for what ever is in the water on the day .

The John Wilson Signature Avon Rods look just right for about £70 each and I have looked at the reveiws on FM which are a few years old , I`m just trying to check incase there are any better rods out there for the same sort ofprice ./forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

You will not be dissapointed in those rods Les.

I was Tench fishing with mine, but I was also getting 20lb Carp in on them useing 8lb mainline. A nice forgiveing action on them, especially when you have a good fish close to the net, for when they make that sudden lunge for freedom.

Also they handle Barbel well which fight harder than Carp. It's a good all rounder mate.

B

Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)

yeh me too fantastic rods for the money

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
Shop around Les, I got three for £180.

I'm very pleased, great all round rods!

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

I have gone from catching 6oz Roach on one day without bumping them off, to hard fighting Barbel and double figure Carp the next day. There are times that I wonder why I use anything else. But that's a tackle tart for you.

Deanos

Reaction score
A brilliant rod, but just one word of warning!....should you break any of the quivers, I found it practically impossible to get hold of a replacement. Thanks to Steve (DB) off the site I did in the end. Just as a matter of interest, has anyone off the site needed to get hold of a replacement quiver...and actually got one?

Carp, chub and barbel....it will take them all on.

B

Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)

get them from masterline direct deanos. there very good like that, i broke my quiver section after a few days shut it in car door. They sent me new one free of charge within 2 days.

Deanos

Reaction score
Have you got a web address for them Chubber?...just in case it happens again! /forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
Les,i havea few of the john wilson avon quiver rods in various guises....some have broken quiver sections and i just use the avon sections.I have used the avon tops for float fishing for carp on commercials,stalking carp with a pin reel in the margins,light method feeder fishing,fishing with bobbins for tench etc.....

The quiver section is very versitile as well and i have used mine bream fishing in ireland,where it took a hell of a lot of abuse and passed with flying colours.I also use mine all the time when chub fishing.

They are brilliant mate.....get one!!!

Reaction score
have a look at the grauvel 1.2 lt les have a look at sean meagon best chub rod post i have put a link on there to a web site they go for around the ?60.00 quid mark they are not to big in the uk yet so that could be why they might be priced to sell you wont be upset by them

captain carrott

Reaction score
have a mooch round ebay mate theres some cheep ones on as low as 15 quid at the mo.

plus there appears to be a 5 piece travel version appeared for 70 notes. some one must have been listening to ron gods forbid.

it's item number 310026827537

Reaction score
Thanks chaps , I have emailed a couple of local tackle shops for best price for a pair ./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

I now am going to push my luck /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif, I now need a pair of reels , sturdy , fair price , don`t have to be baitrunners , I have looked at the okuma epix pro , but not to sure ?/forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

Deanos

Reaction score
This should be good for some heated (but constructive) discussion!

I have a couple of epix pros, they "do the job"....BUT....they are a step down from Shimano. The rods you can order with confidence Les, but play with the reels in the shop and compare, Shimano are tops with me anyway, pay a few extra quid and you wont regret it.