Farnham AS Flood defences

A

andy driver

I've been thinking about joining Farnham AS but am quite concerned about stories from forums on other fishing sites regarding the work that has been done to Mill Lane and Badshot Lea.

I had previously heard only good things about the club, how it was well run with a good mix of Carp and match/pleasure waters. However, just as I was about to get the cheque book out, there have been rumblings about Mill Lane being flattened and Badshot Lea going the same way. I understand that the reason for this is to build up the banks to prevent fish losses when flash floods occur. If this is the case, then fair enough. If it means that the long term welfare of the fisheries are guaranteed, then waiting a few years for the bankside vegetation to grow back will we worthwhile (hopefully with a well managed planting programme in place).

The problem from my point of view is that there is no information on the FAS website concerning these works and no guarantee that the lakes will be returned to their former glory. Is there anyone out there (from FAS committee or membership) who can assure me that I will not be fishing featureless holes in the ground for years to come if I do join FAS? Bearing in mind that my name is on this thread, please be assured that this is a serious question and not an hysterical rant.