standard thread size

Reaction score
Can any of you good folk tell me what the thread size (male)of the standard bankstick /landing net etc is please

I know its 3/8 but is it bsw,unf,unc,tpi,bsf ... doing my head in please help !!

B

Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)

think its bsf but i,ll find out and let you know.

martin73

Reaction score
I too believe the standard size is 3/8 bsf (bsf ~ British Standard Fine)

W

Wolfman Woody

Old fashioned and out of date now for the demands of modern landing nets.

Ok for bank sticks.

Reaction score
thanks lads , why are we still using outdated thread sizes , typical old school enlish but would be a pain if they were to change !

W

Wolfman Woody

You can buy these quick change links -

bd_1_b.JPG

They work quite well on banks sticks, alarms etc., but useless on landing nets.

Something along similar lines is now required for a quick change locking mechanism for the bigger stronger landing nets for barbel and medium carp, but NOT using the 3/8ths BSF thread.

D

david bruce 1

If it ain't broke don't mend it.

Current thread has stood the test of time so why change and then make some gear redundant?

Reaction score
cant use the quick change because i require 3/8 male & m6 female , bit of a conversion to a pod im doing

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
I took a bank stick to a local iron mongers ,so i could purchase a bolt to screw into it.....was doing a home made diy tackle jobbie.I was told that they`re an old imperial size and getting a bolt to fit would be near impossible!!!

Paul B

Reaction score
Monk, if you mean the thread in the bottom of the camera to fit to a tripod, the thread is 1/4" whitworth. Another proper imperialthread /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Trisantona

Reaction score
Even if we went all metric ,that only affects the dia. of thread,there are still different TPI./forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

The camera tripod thread of 1/4 BSW and the landingnet/rodrest thread of 3/8 BSF have been with us since Adam was a lad. Like the standard G or gas thread for pipes (BSP), I see no reason to change them for the vast majority of applications.

Everyone in Europe knows that a 1/2 G thread is a 1/2 inch BSP.

The Monk

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Paul B wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Monk, if you mean the thread in the bottom of the camera to fit to a tripod, the thread is 1/4" whitworth. Another proper imperialthread /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif</blockquote>

cheers mate is that British Standard Whitworth Ron?

whats the size of the allen key on the lock up for Floyde Rose floating bridges?