Skye fishing

MASS

Reaction score
Hi, going to the Isle of Skye soon , taking game and coarse tackle, any suggestions please. thanks MASS

E

Evan the Welsh Windbag

There was a post about this some six months or so ago IIRC (probably two years ago in fact, that's the trouble with Alzheimers).

Mind you, it was probably posted further back than that, my memory isn't what it was.

Oh, but do search older posts just in case I'm getting muddled, easily confused you know.

E

Evan the Welsh Windbag

PS. Don't bother with coarse tackle, there isn't any, (Pike I suppose, but no chance of being allowed to fish a trout loch or river with pike tackle...), Lochs Fada and Leathan north of Portree highly recommended - and not just because I caught my first ever trout in one of them (tho damned if I can remember precisely which, see last post....) and a wee bit of sea / boat tackle might not go amiss.

Oh, and if rich enough to be in a posh hotel or on business expense account (wink wink) a lot of hotels have their own bit of salmon fishing, a mile or two of this river or that. Enquire and change hotels if necessary.... !

B

billy barbel

You wont go wrong with the stohr lochs get the permits in the local tackle/sports shop, you will get a key for the locks on the boats i fished them a few years back for wild browns great fishing , you might struggle with the coarse tackle although there are a few guys who fish off the piers and jettys if you have a decent pike rod you could give that a go. Good Luck.

MASS

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice lads, i will try the suggested Lochs, weather permitting. Evan, the anti-Alzheimer tablets must be working, it was me about six months ago and now is the time for the trip. thanks again MASS