matt hayes on the lea

Bridge

Reaction score
i heard matt hayes has been fishing the lea, anyone know how he done .he was fishing the crown at broxbourne.

B

Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)

not heard about it bridge, how you doing , had anymore lovely chub lately.

Gary Dolman

Reaction score
If he is, he is Free Lancing as I saw him on Tightlines, with Keith Arthur, the other night. He said that Sky are not commissioning or buying any more fishing progs, and that he is out of work, so to speak, he seemed a trifle disgruntled and disillusioned.

B

well if you want a days fishing with him its £500 so he will have to live off that lol.

N

Nathan Ball

It's £500 to fish with him on one of his 'cheaper' days. For an exclusive one-to-one day i think it's closer to £900! Crumbs! /forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif

B

He was advertising last week £450 on your own £500 for 2 , But you do get a coffee first.

N

Nathan Ball

Just a hypothetical question: If you had £500 spare for a days fishing where would you want to go?

I think i'd rather spend the money on joining a syndicate & fishing whenever I wanted to rather than just spending one day with MH where you might not catch anything or am i just mad?

The Monk

Reaction score
I expect he gives a lot of his money back to angling like a large yearly donation to the ACA, believe it or not though some angling heroes exploit the sport, greedy bast**rds, while others spend a fortune of their own money running around the country promoting the sport and working behind the scenes for the preservation of angling

B

No your not mad , lets face it you if fished the same water as he doe's could prob catch just the same, There are so many fine fishermen that will never be known to the world but could prob outfish him on the same conditions. I think people just want there pic taken with him or just want to say thev'e fished with him is all. I think we all have our attributes when it comes to fishing some are better than others but doe's that realy matter. I try to write pieces for fm, although there are people on fm that could tie me in knots. I dont write for those guys as they would just laugh at me i write for the people just coming into fishing or a bit less knowlledgable than i am. Just the way i see it in my own mind , But not to belittle others that know far more than i ever will. But if i can give someone a bit of pleasure from reading what i write then for me thas a bonus to my fishing. I,m nota tackle tart and never will be , i believe in basics not fancy stuffs but thats just my belief. I love rivers almost to the point where i wont fish a lake unless i cant fish anywhere , or i want a paticular species i cant get in a river. But i i do have a spare £500 but would rather buy my lovely wife a nice present than go and buy some fancy piece of fishing gear just to look good. Dont get me wrong i love my gear but my wife stands by me in all i do including fishing whenever i want to go,but we must never forget our families, that would be so selfish. Love fishing but also think of others and give them some time too.

T

Tony Rocca

Sounds right enough to me Bob.

Isay good luck to Mr Hayes, in whatever he does, just as I would say the same to everyone else, well almost everyone./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Deanos

Reaction score
Your sentiments are very touching Bob.

I think you are a man who has found his "peace" in life.

Respects.

The Monk

Reaction score
yes Bob its all down to finding your balance in angling, its a hobby at the end of the day once it becomes an obsession thats when the problems can start and yes if I had £500 spare I`d much sooner spend it on the wife

(not my wife obviously)/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

N

Nathan Ball

Aww bless your cottons. You made a good point there though "chubber".

My girlfriend is sending me to Linear for my birthday later this month & we're going to the Go Fishing Show at the NEC - she's a good lass!

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

If your reading this Matt give me a call please.Tony Blair was easier to contact/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Agree Monk; relationships suffer, marriages and health fail and some even have their lives cut short through their tireless work on behalf of others, and for SFA.

B

well treat her well mate sounds like a good un. No i talk as i find , and i,v fished since i was 7 years old and always very basic , Float fishing i love and tipping touch legereing swing tips the lot. But always very basic and never realy had trouble catching.And thats not being big headed. But to the guy's that want to delv into the fine arts and the science of it all well thats fine with me. But truly i dont understand it and never will , i put my time into catching fish by doing it rather than working it out on a calculator. But if we were all like me then that wouldn't be good would it.

B

Matt has a website john. I was on it last year, he had a bit where you could ask questions and he would answer, But quite honestly his answers to one young lad that asked him how to fish the lea, His answer was dont know young man never fished it ask someone local. Then i read in a mag a few weeks later he had been down on the lea months before that. So didnt think too much to it. sorry.

T

Tony Rocca

Nathan,

Make the most of it, the trouble doesnt usually start until you marry them.

Having said that mine was fine for 25 years..............then she turned into her mother so I thought it best to trade up.