Bed chair and duvet

• Thread starter Clive Hannabuss
  • Start date
C

Clive Hannabuss

I wish to replace my aged JRC light-weight bed chair with something more substantial. Also I wish to replace my sleeping bag with a duvet-type bag.
Any ideas as to the best choice?
I am just over 6ft and weigh about 13 stone.
Thanks.

S

Steve Shaw

Hi Clive

I am 14 stone, and 6'4'' Bought the fox stalker last year, very pleased with it

Steve

N

Nick Gardner

Hello Clive,

I just did a 48hr session in Denmark on my JRC Cocoon 3 leg with their Cocoon 4 season sleeping bag and it went down to -4 overnight and I didn't notice a thing. I am a couple of stone heavier than you and the Cocoon 3 leg does not even give a squeek when I sit on it. It has a built in Pillow which is great and when you are lying on it the Cocoon edges of the bed come around you a bit (hense the Cocoon name, clever aren't I!!!) adding to the comfort. At around ?150 for the chair and ?50 for the bag I think JRC stuff is very good value and will last you years.

A

Andy Bird

have you taken a look at the new fishrite sleeping bags , they are both very well made loads of features and extremely good value for money .has for beds i'd stick with JRC .

M

Marker

i'm 6'3" and 14st,been using the fox ultra bedchair for a few years now with no problems.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Hi Clive, I'm 6 foot and 18 stone, and I couldn't agree more with Nick Gardner. I had a fair bit of surgery done on my back in earlier years too. Can't go wrong mate!

M

Michael Tiley

Clive, as definatly go for a jrc bedchair mate, they are top quality.
I recently purchased the Trakker big snooze sleeping bag, which is on special at the moment for ?40 - its much better than the JRC 4 season which I bought a few weeks ago. I used it once and I was a bit cold, on a night which wasn't particularly chilly.
Also, it only has a zip on one side. When I am fishing I always like to face the water, so this meant that the zip was somtimes on the wrong side for getting out. The final straw was last weekend at wellford. I had a run at about 6am. I was awake and went to pull the sleeping bag open, but the zip was stuck. from my pulling I ripped the seam, I still couldn't open it so I tried to riggle out, but ended up tipping my bedchair backwards, on the floor tangled up in the bag and the chair. eventually got out and landed the fish though.
Bought the Trakker bag in the shop at Whelford, its got a double zip, its fleece lined, its bigger and its heavier (which to me would indicate its warmer.
Cheers mate, tight lines
Mike

C

Clive Hannabuss

Thanks to everyone for your help, its certainly given me plenty to think about.
I'd like to say special thanks to Michael Tiley as your problems with your sleeping bag and bed chair really made me laugh, as something very similar happened to me a couple of seasons ago. Except that it was in the middle of the night and I was woken by a violent storm and desperately wanted to shut the door of my bivvy before the rain got in. Unfortunately I couldnt get out of the sleeping bag and the harder I tried the bed tipped back and I was stranded like a cross between a beached whale and a crab on its back. I eventually escaped but your story brought it all back and really made me laugh.
Thanks
Clive