Enjoy

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
This from her bio:

She was a school teacher at an inner London school for 25 years, and, She lives in north London, these days mostly on her own with her dogs

And writes on occasion for the Guardian . . . . . . . .

Says it all really, dun't it?

Last edited:

andrew duffield

Reaction score
Of more import was an article in the Observer on Sunday re the Commorant situation in the Lee Valley this was "Not Bad" but "Not Good" either unlike the columnist mentioned (who's column does not normally have a great deal of prominence when published in Guardian) this was almost a full page with colour photo

Opinions beneficial ??

bennygesserit

Reaction score
The most interesting bit of this were the comments , some truly idiotic comments from non anglers

maceo

Reaction score
Does anyone really buy that tripe?

Yep. Daily. Doesn't mean I agree with everything written in it though. That'd be silly.

What do you take?

I'm betting the Sexpress.

As far as the article itself is concerned, well it's an opinion I suppose. The mention of a 'dog walkie' in the very first line gives you a strong clue to the sort of person who's written it and the fluffy wuffy opinions she's likely to have. I used to have an aunt like that who wiped her dog's arse with toilet paper in the street and often marched into pet shops to complain on behalf of the poor imprisoned puppies and kittens.

However, it's true that sometimes us anglers are our own worst enemy and if we're realistic there are enough posts on here describing slackness, littering and loutish behaviour we've seen.

Also angling is not very inclusive.

There I said it.

Last edited:

tesco value

Reaction score
I thought the comments were particularly interesting and Neill Stephen's response was spot on. Overall I think it's a fairly benign article to be honest.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Yep. Daily. Doesn't mean I agree with everything written in it though. That'd be silly.

What do you take?

As far as the article itself is concerned, well it's an opinion I suppose. The mention of a 'dog walkie' in the very first line gives you a strong clue to the sort of person who's written it and the fluffy wuffy opinions she's likely to have. I used to have an aunt like that who wiped her dog's arse with toilet paper in the street and often marched into pet shops to complain on behalf of the poor imprisoned puppies and kittens.

However, it's true that sometimes us anglers are our own worst enemy and if we're realistic there are enough posts on here describing slackness, littering and loutish behaviour we've seen.

Also angling is not very inclusive.

There I said it.

What wrong with dog owners - I have a dog , small terrier

maceo

Reaction score
Nothing's wrong with dog owners. Well, most of them anyway.

However, in my opinion those female dog owners who go on a 'dog walkie' rather than a normal dog walk are those who are likely to be childless and to talk to their animals as though they were a human baby.

They are the types who are very concerned about the comforts of their animals and would tend to be the ones feeding them prime super-expensive foods.

When you point out to them that there are many, many human children around the world sleeping hungry on the streets, whilst their fat stupid dog has the finest food and a mattress, blanket and pillow, they are the types that will respond by shouting things along the lines of "at least their dogs NEVER leave them for a young blonde and then LIE about it..."

It's hardly surprising that ladies like that kick up a fuss on behalf of the poor fishy wishies, especially if it's messing up the leisure time of those complete pigs...MEN!!!!

terry m

Reaction score

What do you take?

Hope you are not a betting person, ou would have lost - Independant or Times.

---------- Post added at 07:50 ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 ----------

Maceo

I sense you've been hurt by a man at some point - get it off your chest you'll feel better

Good advice!

Chevin

Reaction score
When you point out to them that there are many, many human children around the world sleeping hungry on the streets, whilst their fat stupid dog has the finest food and a mattress, blanket and pillow,

!

We feed our dog on good pet food and we treat him as much loved family member, but you are right maceo, every time I buy food for our sturdy staffy, I think of those poor starving mites around the world just as you probably do when you buy bait, fishing tackle or pay £4.00 for a day's fishing.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We feed our dog on good pet food and we treat him as much loved family member, but you are right maceo, every time I buy food for our sturdy staffy, I think of those poor starving mites around the world just as you probably do when you buy bait, fishing tackle or pay £4.00 for a day's fishing.

Take it that maceo does not like dogs then ;)