hair rig

bigbird69

Reaction score
hi everyone, i could do with a little help please. i havent fished for a year or two and i could do with knowing which line is best to tie hair rigs, on size 14 and sixteen hooks many thanks regards paul :)

bigbird69

Reaction score
hi mate mainly roach and crucians, i have purchased ready tied ones but just wondered if it was cheaper to make my own.

gaz b

Reaction score
If your tying a hair on a hook that size using the knotless hair you need to pass the line through the eye twice, a small diameter line will be needed. I tie my own because I can use different size line and hooks, longer or shorter rigs, you will need a baitstop of some sort either buy them or use reed to keep it cheap.

Gaz

Sent from my BlackBerry pudding using my Toe's.

bigbird69

Reaction score
cheers mate what brand line do you use because someone told me that low diameter line has not got any stretch in it and he said it was no good for hair rigs?? thanx for your help

barbelboi

Reaction score
cheers mate what brand line do you use because someone told me that low diameter line has not got any stretch in it and he said it was no good for hair rigs?? thanx for your help

Preston reflo has low diameter and built in stretch.
Jerry

gaz b

Reaction score
Another Preston Reflo user here.

0.10 diameter should go through the eye of a 16 eyed hook twice fairly easily.

As said preston reflo. The problem I have now with small hooks is me old mince pies can't focus as they use to,

:)

Gaz

Sent from my BlackBerry pudding using my Toe's.