Fishing in Turkey

stu the pest

Reaction score
Can anyone give me any gen on fishing in Turkey (Belek) thanks, Stu. Fresh water or Sea.

mike reffold

Reaction score
I have only fished in the sea in turkey with great success , but you need to get out in a boat , the only tackle you will need is 50 yards of 6lb or less line wound round an empty water bottle [small one ] no 12 hook a few bits of split lead crimped on 6 or 7 in above the hook ,bait is chicken and rich tea biscuits the way to do it is with the wind on your back break biscuits into 4 throw them 15 feet or so into the water and you will see small fish begin to feed , wait untill the water starts boil with fish now is the time to throw your hook baited with a small lump of chicken into middle of the boiling water ,what happens is the small fish feed on floating biscuits creating interest fof larger fish deeper your baited hook sinks slowly and that is what they waiting for . with practice you will catch breem and seabass and funny looking fish .last year i caught some tube fish 3in thick 18in long they fight like mad as do the breem hope this helps have a nice time in turkey its beutifull country im there in may and sept.

stu the pest

Reaction score
Thanks a lot I will give it a go. I'm going in June cant wait, thanks a lot. Stu.

gerry h

Reaction score
stu,you will get the same effectwith a little used bait ?BREAD, you,ll be suprised what will takea lump of the white stuff ,even sea bass on floating crust!

mike reffold

Reaction score
Gerry you carnt buy mothers pride out there the bread you get sinks like a brick i had a go with it, beleive me i had a good teacher in turkey

gerry h

Reaction score
Mike,you just have to use what you can get hold of it was just an example,

stu the pest

Reaction score
Hi Mike, Didnt get a chance to go out in a boat, Wifes hasno sea legs! I fished from the shore after watching locals fishing with hand lines, paternoster stile with 3 - 4 droppers, with chicken as bait. I thought I would be clever and doing the same but pumping out a1oz lead. They had it down to a fine art! Catching every other chuck. I caught only a few! Nothing bigger than an 1oz -2oz Bass I think? Ive caught bigger Gudgeon! Good fun though.

chears Stu.