matt 1 _ bridge8 and lost 3

Bridge

Reaction score
Iunderstand matt hayes had 1chub at about 5.10 . He'sbeen down here 2/3days fishing the lea. this time of the year you can't fill your boots in the weir pool.welcome to the reel river lea. fair play tohim he's made the journey and put in the effort. this season i've not been able to fish to my best due to tennis elbow and waggler fishing not quite compatible. that day i hadthree 6lbers,4 high 5lbers ,one 4 3/4lber. my mate is bugging me to send them to am ,thinking about it. "bob" great little read you posted i think you've tapped into the heart of many anglers even though they may not admit it. Behing every great angler lies a good missus. My wife bought me a diawa tournament waggler rod for christmas. And I'm a Sikh.

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Cracking catch....Did you have a realtree turban on though?

Just goes to show that the big names aren't always the best fishermen...keep it up geezer!

You will be on Discovery home and leisure within weeks!

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
I remember seeing you in the weeklies.....fair play to you bridge,what excellent chub they were.If only more folk from the indian/asian community would take up angling as a hobby.

Bridge,are chub the only species you fish for??? Have you considered joining the chub study group???

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Hi Bridge, I remember seeing you in the Times and Mail. Cracking catch and on the float too.

I must come and fish the Lea sometime, if I can find somewhere to park!

ps. The Tournament is a cracking rod isn't it?

B

Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)

I went out today looking for some chub , landed a 1 lb baby then hit what i think was a personal best as it rolled , looked over the six mark . Then the big lad ran right for me i was on my knees with a 3 foot drop in front of me and didnt notice the 4 twiggy bits just under me , and where do you think he went. Yes your right and thats the last i see of him, i feel truly gutted. But i,m giong back in the morning far another shot at him.

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

Fantastic chubbing Bridge.

I get a new left knee 5-30pm Friday, 6 weeks later I get the matching pair. Should be running after those chub come October...that's assuming I lose about 4-5st as well.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Good luck John, back on the bank in no time at all.

Well done Bridge, you should talk to Cakey /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

Cracking catch Bridge and great fun on thewaggler (even with tennis elbow).

As for MH I don't think you can ever sum up how good an angler is just on the basis of a few daysfishing and it is folly to compare his results to your own when you are an expert on the water.

I was out on the Thames again yesterday afternoon roving with cheespaste and had 19 Chub with the biggest going 5-4, 5-6, 5-11, 5-14 and 6-1. Have only fished cheesepaste 5 times this season but have had 38 Chub with 10 fours, 10 fives and 2 sixes.

Bridge

Reaction score
hi chaps, i,m surprised how many people have fished cheesepaste along the lea this season and done reallywell . last season licky bread and flake was getting chucked about quite alot,on the feeder.myself it;s got to be the waggler ,when the float goes under it,s got to be the most bestest! feeling even if you dont connect because you know there out there, and with a little fine tuning your privvie to 5lb+ chub .....heavens got to be somewhere along the lea!........