Fishing in Cyprus

J

John McLaren

I'm going to Cyprus at the end of April for a couple of weeks holiday and I might accidently pack a rod, reel and a few bits of end tackle! Anyone fished around Paphos - sea or coarse fishing info. would be appreciated.

G

Gerry Castles

There have been freshwater bass introduced into Cypriot reservoirs and provide good sport on lures. Check out
www.windowoncyprus.com. I wouldn't bother with the inshore sea fishing. Anything large enough to get between a piece of pitta bread will have been fished out by now.

W

Wendy Perry

John... i go to Paphos twice a year and if i can find the number there is a place where the guy picks you up from the hotel and takes you out all day he hires you all the tackle it isn't sea fishing but a great big lake i will post the number for you as soon as i get it .

Wend

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Hi Fella,

Fished a few of the reserviours out there. Polemedia near Limmasol is FULL of carp, 1 a minute, fish to over 20lb, most being between 1-4lbs. Yermasoyia dam near Limmasol, mixed, carp, roach, bream,carp,zander,bass. Kouris dam, on the way up to the mountains, between Paphos-Limmasol, its got carp that fight like you have never had before mate, awesome fish, beware of the snags.

Have fun.

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
I can;t stop laughing.

Everything Warren said is right but where he got it from is anybodys guess, you see Warren can't actually get out of bed in the morning to fish cause he didn't get in till 5 from the night-club. TRUE.

John, take a reel with 10/12Ib line, telescopic rod, strong hooks like Kamasan animals(14) and fish corn. Any of the lakes Warren mentioned hold vast numbers of Carp but they can shoal up and the lakes (reservoirs) are generally big. For the best local knowledge try the RAF guys, they will point you in the right direction mate. Hope you catch cos what Wol said is right, these Carp go like no others I have ever come across, you will give line and then be amazed when a 2Ib fish surfaces.

J

John McLaren

Thank you all, sounds good. I don't think I'll be allowed a full day out though Wendy, more a case of grabbing an hour or two when I can!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Ok ok ok Murray.
I did manage to WIN the first match i fished out there though with severe hangover, gettin up at 6am, fried breaky, hot sunshine all day, headache, dehydrated, blurred vision, i was happy with the 80 quid winners cheque though.
See, i can match fish!!!!!!