Vandals could force fishing club to close

The Monk

Reaction score
yes its very sad, I`m actually in an office at present Ian overlooking Castleton locks near Rochdale, I`ve fished these sections many times as a kid, in more recent years they have recieved some reasonable carp stockings

I

Ian Cloke

What pleasutre do the idiots get out of vandalising things like this?? It's beyond me Nick.

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

The not so laughable thing is that one day they might want to do a bit of fishing themselves. But they could end up being the authers of their own success with nowhere to go.

BarryC

Reaction score
Dont know much about canals but how on earth did the vandals empty it!!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Best think to do with the vandals is to hang 'em up nakedwith their thumbs and flog 'em with a length of barbed wire!

The Monk

Reaction score
genetic selection Les, I bet in the next 500 years are so we will be doing just that, they have the technology now, we can over time breed these lunatics out of society, only allow people to breed if they have no history of a CR in their history, give them a full CRB check prior to being allowed children, murders, theives vandals, paedofiles, deviants and scousers would soon be outbred from society

The Monk

Reaction score
yes I was just thinking that jimmy

eerrr forget that last post guys/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Janet (AT)

Reaction score
Before you jump to any conclusions about low-lifes and youths, unless I'm very mistaken, I think you'll find that this vandalism is all the work of one man. A disgruntled farmer who has a grudge against BW. He's been in court several times, but it just doesn't stop him. I've been following the story for a few years now, as we've been trying to "do" the Rochdale as part of our annual narrowboat cruise. Twice we've had to cancel it. The first time because the muppet used a digger to breach the canal bank and dewater it. The second time he used a chainsaw to cut off the balance beams on one of the locks.

He's also taken various other actions. When the Rochdale reopened after the restoration, he jumped into the water in front of the visiting dignitaries at the opening ceremony.

It sounds as though he's up to his old tricks again!

G

Ged

I believe it is kids this time. Several narrowboats also vandalise besides the de-watering.

I've heard about Farmer Noddy and his antics but was told only two weeks ago about the kids/teenagers doing the rounds.

Janet (AT)

Reaction score
I'm surprised to hear that. The canal forum I use is usually pretty good with this sort of information, but nothing's been reported so far. I'll go and check now!

Janet (AT)

Reaction score
It's hard to figure out just what his grievance is, but it appears to be down to the compensation he was paid, and the access he was provided with when the canal was restored and reopened for boats.From what I've read, he agreed to the changes, and he was paid a substantial amount of compensation at the time.The access he has now is more than adequate, and is in fact a hugeimprovement on what he had previously. He now quite has a handsome bridge over the canal, rather than a small underpass. We've been down to visit the site to assess the situation before deciding whether to change our planned cruise, so I've seen it for myself.

Without knowing more (and information about his exact grievance is hard to find) I think it's probably just a case of a chancer trying to screw more money out of BW. I hope he doesn't win, as his totally inconsiderate actions have caused us to change our plans for the last three years!

However, until someone has the sense to lock him up, he's free to do whatever he likes to disrupt the Rochdale.

Mucking fuppet!

B

Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)

Well you talk about kids vandalising ,i went fishing today on my little river that a farmer kindly lets me fish . Now it backs onto a golf course and during waht looks like the last few weeks they have gone along there side of the bank and cut down a load of trees , and rather than clear them away they have just left them all across the river some floating down long ways and caused 3 blockages where the crap is now building up and they have compleetely ruined it.So i have just reported it to the ea. They said they are going to send there flood team down to have a look.I realy hope they do more than look.