Recommend me a rod pod and bite alarms?

shields144

Reaction score
Hi

I want to upgrade my rod pod and alarms, iv had my current ones for a number of years, the whole set was only aboit 30 quid so it's quite flimsy and not very strong.

For the pod i was looking at fox X pod? I want one that is strong and sterdy and I can leave it assembled in the garage without having to build it every time I get to the lake.

I'm not sure what alarms to choose, any suggestions?

Thanks

terry m

Reaction score
Considering your want to leave the pod assembled then an X Pod is a good choice.

As far as alarms go, assuming that a reasonable buget is available then I would look no further than Delks, they perform faultlessly. The only drawback is they do look a tiny bit dated when compared to some of the contemporary offerings, for example the Wychwood Epics that look amazing and the Nash Sirens that are rather different but don't quite do it for me.

Strongly advise that you do not buy until you have checked out the Delkims properly - good luck!

shields144

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply mate
I think I will go for the xpod for my pod.

As for alarms i looked at the delks but they are a little too expensive for me, ideally no more than 35 - 40 for an alarm, I know fox do the micron mx plus for around 35, any one use these?

agamemnon

Reaction score
i have an xpod and its a great stable pod takes seconds to set up. the onlyh issue i have is the T bars dont extend and with big pit reels i have to swap the ends over to allow the reels to back wind. if you have bait runners or smaller reels than i cant see any problems with the pob at all.
for bite alarms a friend of mine has recently brought a set of new sundridge optonic alarms and he swears by them

dezza

Reaction score

There are many good pods around. Go into the shop and see what you like.

As regards alarms, in my humble opinion and after using bite alarms for over 40 years, there is only one make worth considering:

DELKIM!

And a great many of the worlds top carp anglers will agree with me.

Oh and they are made in the UK too.

andreagrispi

Reaction score
There are many good pods around. Go into the shop and see what you like.

As regards alarms, in my humble opinion and after using bite alarms for over 40 years, there is only one make worth considering:

DELKIM!

And a great many of the worlds top carp anglers will agree with me.

Oh and they are made in the UK too.

I'm with Ron on this one, they are in a different league to anything else. Dig deep into your pockets and buy some. In 2 years time you will thank me and Ron.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I love my Delkims, particularly when barbel fishing on the rivers. However, I've recently got a set of Sirens for stillwater fishing and I'm liking them an awful lot.

On a budget I'd suggest that stretching to a set of Delkim EV-Plus might be worthwhile. Might also be worth waiting for the release of the new Nash S5.
If you'd prefer a reciever for your money, these Pro-Logic aren't the best or prettiest, but they are functional and pretty damned cheap for what you get.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Can any one tell me are the Fox micron mx+ bite alarms waterproof ?

Waterproof and water resistant are two different things. Not many alarms are genuinely waterproof, you wouldn't dunk most of them underwater and expect them to work without drying them out afterwards. However, any alarm should be able to withstand heavy rain and still work. The Fox Microns are no different to any other alarm in that repect. Whether they will or not might be another matter entirely, but they should.

dave oates 2

Reaction score
Delkims for me, had mine years with no problems. Then again, only owned optonics previously. which seem to be popular again, so you look like an old school carper!
Batteries last for ages and work on flowing water to exposed reservoirs.
Rod pods not sure of , got an old fox one that i cant wear out.
cheers, dave