Where on the Severn

F

Frank Curtis

I'm not looking for sympathy but after 30 years my employers have now told me I'm surplus to requirements so at the end of this month I'll have plenty of time to broaden my horizons as far as fishing venues are concerned.
If anybody out there can suggest some day ticket stretches of the Severn or Wye, with nearby accomodation, where I'll have a chance of catching some decent barbel, chub or roach it would be much appreciated.
Suggestions for other rivers would also be most welcome.
I live in London so anywhere south of Birmingham would be preferable.

A

Andrew Thomas

The Birmingham Angling Association have miles of bank on the Severn and Teme available on a ?3 day ticket purchasable in advance.......try Mal Storeys 01562 745221.

If you've got lots of time on your hands buy the season ticket at ?24. www.baa.uk.com will tell you more. Dunno about accomodation but I'm sure an internet search will pull something up.

Good luck.

D

Dave Johnson

Frank, best bet is probably Bridgnorth down to Bewdley for a few barbel in the summer. Loads of pubs along the way with tackle storage (safe)
Bank Farm at Arley (Bewdley)01299401277-holiday cottages/lodges.
The Unicorn Inn at Hampton Loade
Malt Shovel Highley....

in fact there is another thread somewhere.....

M

Mark Frame

if your gonna fish at bridgenorth stop at the severn arms and see eugine hes even got a tackle shed in the back so you can keep rods set up safe as houses.
then get yurself to the apley(?)estate on a day ticket

F

Frank Curtis

Thanks guys. Your info and the other thread should set me up for some time.