Bread

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Out tommorow no doubt for the last time this season. I am thinking of fishing bread for chub on the ribble.

I normally use liquidised bread in the feeder. But wonder if mashed would be better.

Would apprecioate your views.

Thanks

B

Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)

Well my friend i went out the other day for some chub, and caught a couple too with mashed bread. But last week went out and fed maggott with single on hook and caught some nice ones. And it seems most others are catching fare bags on maggott so take some with you and try both. But out of liquidised and mashed i do prefer mashed golf ball sized so it lays on bottom and breaks up slow and drifts down ,i think it lasts longer.

J

John McLaren

Hi Bryan I was on the Ribble on Wednesday and used liquidised bread to catch 8 chub to 5lb 3oz (plus three that came adrift) Rob Cragg fishing nearby had 5 chub in the same period using Mash - not scientific I know but on the day liquidised appeared to outfish mash.

On the day the water was only up a little and clear. I tend to think that mash works better than liquidised in murkier and faster water. What I do like about liquidised bread is its cleaner!!

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Thats why i like using it also John.

Think i will stay with the liquidised bread. Unless it keeps rainning as the river will have gained a little colour.