where do we go from here.

cadius

Reaction score
Hi there cadius here,I have noticed in the past that when Habitat is lost, salt marsh or foreshore, those who loose out most are sometimes allowed mitigation, from those who benefit from the purchase.Do you think the M.M.O would consider this approach for our loss of access to the shore line after their coastal defense work is finished??????perhaps funding for the repairs to say Walton (Essex) Pier,or dear old Felixstowe(Suffolk) pier.After all said and done these places are Heritage sites and should be maintained.Certainly a lot better than they are now.If your house was in a bad state of repair the council would soon be after you to do something about it i think.Only being a secondary educated 'Ole fart'I was wondering if any of you clever young people would know how to start pushing the right buttons to achieve this???I am pretty sure that this would benefit not only us but the general Public as well.These are good places to go when the Beaches are full and they are good places for the youngsters to start fishing in fairly safe conditions.I don't expect i will get any response but you never Know.
Tight lines, keep the faith, cadius.

Bluenose

Reaction score
Have you contacted the angling trust?

You could also try contacting local mp/councillors.

cadius

Reaction score
Hi Bluenose thanks for that.Actually check out my moans,and i actually are trying to do something about the up and coming M.C.Z,s(specially the reference areas).Some nice pictures on your page, well done mate.I'm a bit new to this game never thought i would be able to use it ever,still haven't mastered the pictures download yet i'm afraid will get there eventually.
tight lines keep the faith cadius.

chav professor

Reaction score
I have a lot of affection for felixstowe (having lived there for a few years) and am very disappointed that someone has not been inspired to regenerate the ailing tourist trade. People love piers and the one at Southwold is a case in point - it draws a lot of visitors.

It would take a lot of investment - perhaps if the council was willing to repair the pier it would show willing and actually attract that much needed investment. It is shocking that we allow our heritage to crumble and rot into the sea.

I can only imagine the current business plan is to let it rot, collapse and then have to remove it all together.... Very sad!