Marker Float

• Thread starter Steven Aisthorpe
  • Start date
S

Steven Aisthorpe

Hello. Can anyone give me any advice on using marker floats? If I choose to leave the marker float out in the middle of the lake do I need to back lead the main line of the marker rod. I am using 25lb quick sink Sonar marker float braid!
Cheers

M

Mark Frame

I would nothing worse than catching a fish and it pulling the marker out of position

that is of course if your water alows you to leave it in

C

Chris Betts

I cast out a marker float, then cast to it with the baited rods, tighten up and mark the line on the baited rod with insulation tape. Then reel in the marker float. When I need to cast out again I simply clip up with the tape in the position I set it at. That is I cast out along the margin away from the baited spot, then reel in till the tape is in the same position it was while fishing, say against the but ring. Clip up and cast out at the target on the far bank I cast to initially. Feather the cast so the line hits the clip gently and the bait sinks on a tight line to the bottom. It should hit the water behind the actual fishing spot, then the tight line draws it towards the right spot. If the water is deep I may take half a step forward during the sinking phase just to introduce a little slack.