new bait for a season

Reaction score
i have been lookin for a new bait to kick start my new session of carp for this summer i was think of using Dynamite Baits High Energy Marine Halibut Boilies for this session casue it has a groundbait pop ups pellets an paste in the range so i covered for every thing but i have done 4 sessions after a 15lb wild common in a this pond i an i have been using the pellets an i have nothing on them so i wornding if i should use them or has any one got a other good baits in mind i just dont know wot bait to use atm plz help as 15 year an two years of carp fishing under my belt i still need help with stuff

thank for ur time if you do help me

N

Nathan Ball

Try having a fruity flavoured boilie on one rod so you have something to compare against. If you can, pre-baiting an area will always help your chances

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Just keep trickling your bait in over a period of weeks. Sooner or later it will happen for you.

What kind of a set up are you useing? Semi fixed? free running? Lead? feeder? free line?

N

Nathan Ball

Lets not get on to rigs or we'll be here all day!! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Just make sure your using a good quality bait & your where the fish are. They're the two most important things to get right.

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

What is a good quality bait? Does it have to be pellet or boilie? How does he know where the fish are? What does he look for? If there are no signs of fish movement, does that mean there are no fish in the area? The list is endless.

N

Nathan Ball

Quality bait - Most of the frozen baits are pretty good. Trial and error will tell you which one's work best. Failing that things like corn, hemp, maggots (if there aren't too many nuisance fish) will usually help to draw the fish in.

Finding fish - if there are no signs then ask regulars where the fish tend to shoal up/get caught and start there.