TFG Compact Rods

Andy Pet

Reaction score
Hi. Does anyone or has anyone used any of the TFG Compact range?

I've started to fish a small water with a mixture of all sorts of species and wondered if either of the compact float rods are or would be suitable - or are they a complete waste of money?

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Hi

I have the TFG compact all rounder - and I think it's a cracking little rod 8-10 ft quiver with avon top, I've used it for carp in the margin, and on small river with a pokey swims.

I paid £56 for mine but I've been told you can get them cheaper if you shop around, for me rod has a fine matt brown finish, not lots of flashy logos

paul80

Reaction score
Hi

I have three of these rods, the all rounder, the medium float and the carp, and they are all cracking little rods and a joy to use on the small commercial water I fish on, I use the all rounder for 90% of my fishing now with the 4oz quiver and a Preston banjo method feeder, not had a single fish it could not control, mind I have not had anything bigger than a 10 pounder though, so a bigger fish might be a different thing, but I would be happy go upto a 20 on it.

Paul

Bluenose

Reaction score
Not used the TFG but I compared it with a Shimano beastmaster 9/11 ft float rod and chose the Shimano. Not to say anything against the TFG I just preferred the Shimano.

If you're float fishing close in or fishing under trees, coupled with a small fixed spool, they're well worth a look and a joy to use!