River fishing question south Derbys???

ollygunner

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking to go river fishing in search of some barbel :)
I'm only used to fishing ponds/ lakes so i would be very grateful if anyone knows any suitable places around burton on Trent where you can buy a day ticket? I remember years ago there were a few free stretches in burton, is this still the case? It seems most of the stretches are ran by clubs, which I would also like to be part of, if I take to the river fishing :)
Thanks in advance Olly.

robthomo

Reaction score
Hello mate

No idea of day tickets I'm afraid but there are a few clubs that are very reasonably priced and will give you access to plenty of barbel, my knowledge is limited to the Derwent, have a look at Earl of Harrington and Derbyshire County AC, both have websites

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi mate,
take a look at Derbyshire county council web site and search free fishing or type in free fishing in Derbyshire.
Sorry I cannot be more helpfull but I have not fished that part of the county for a few years apart from the Derwent in and around Matlock.

ollygunner

Reaction score
Thanks guys, thats a great help, im hoping to go next weekend. i'll let you know how i get on.

robthomo

Reaction score
I completely missed the fact that Earl of Harrington do day tickets, you have to buy in advance though, shop details are on their website

GT56

Reaction score
You could look at the Burton Mutual’s site and if you know a member he’d be able to help out regards a day ticket.
There are stretches of free river fishing in Stapenhill Gardens and Newton Road playing fields. Burton Angling Supplies in Borough Road will be able to clarify and give some advice.