bite alarms

E

EC

I bought a pair of Bitech vipers years ago, is it worth me changing or upgrading to new ones for the limited amount of carping I do...if so what is the best value for money piece of kit currently on the market?

M

Mark Lathwell

I think the answer is if it aint broke dont fix it.

If they work well why by new ones.

G

GYPSY DAVE

How soon do you have to be on the rods?
Do you fish in a situation where you need remotes( i.e. how far from your rods are you, necesatating leeds etc.sic)
Do you do days only where the alarm is just an alert to a run if your not watching, or do you do nights, in which case, the sooner you are "there" the better
OR HAVE YOU FALLEN INTO THE TRAP OF "NOT ENOUGH LIGHTS AND BLEEPY THINGS"
As MARK says "Not Broke? It don't need fixing sunshine"
Best advice i ever got!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E

EC

Cheers Fellas, I dont actually use them that much but this is one area where I havent kept myself up to date with current tackle developments, as such I was just wondering if there was something considerably better for not much of an outlay, eg for around ?30, I use them for tench and bream fishing as much as owt else!

C

Cakey

Eddie
being a tackle tart that I am of course you have to change them.

CAKEY

P.S. also the more lights and bleepy things the better !!!

S

Simon Webster

Depends what you do with them. I use Bitechs because they are compact, good value for money, have excellent daytime LEDs and are reasonably sensitive. But, unless you are constantly awake (aware), not so good for dropbacks, since the tone is the same. Also, windy conditions, where there is no integrative function. Just turn them down in the day (a plea to all anglers) and watch your bobbins! Also, at night, If you are brave enough to snag fish at night, you must be awake- I keep the butts of the rods, and most of the pod, IN the bivvy, with the baitrunners OFF. Actually, I doubt whether many Carp anglers get out of bed for a couple of dropback bleeps at night. Remotes are fine, and of course get rid of all that spaghetti outside your bivvy- I'm sure we have all tripped up over them- even worse getting lassoed, falling over and then bringing the whole pod down, thrashing away in the darkness.... Its happened to us all. I would suggest that you keep the Bitechs, until you think you are being outfished- they are only indicators after all- so stay awake, and watch your bobbins at night, you'll be just as sucessful as the tackle tarts, if not more so- Good Luck! Simon