Throwing Stick(s)

guest61

Reaction score
Watching 'Tight Lines' last week reminded me of the benefits of using a throwing stick (not the boillie type) for small baits such as hemp and maggots when feeding beyond comfortable throwing range.

I used to use one as a kid before I made my first maggot catapult (that's how we used to roll in the 70's :cool:)

I have plans to make one this week - does anyone else use one?

barbelboi

Reaction score
Watching 'Tight Lines' last week reminded me of the benefits of using a throwing stick (not the boillie type) for small baits such as hemp and maggots when feeding beyond comfortable throwing range.

I used to use one as a kid before I made my first maggot catapult (that's how we used to roll in the 70's :cool:)

I have plans to make one this week - does anyone else use one?

Yes, I used to have one called (I believe the maggot stick) also good for small pellets, made by a company that are now gone. I have now improvised with a home made custom effort that does the job but is not as user friendly.
Jerry

redfin123

Reaction score
yes I,ve used them for years, i,ve got three, two smaller ones for maggots casters hemp etc, and one larger one for ground bait.

rains

Reaction score
Tut Tut why do it your self when you can have a personal man servant do it for you :)