Anyone fishing the Teme in Worcestershire?

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
Hi Folks

Last year, myself and three buddies had a weekend on the teme just below Tenbury Wells. The river was running at record low levels, our hosts were very apologetic about the fact that you could walk across most of the best barbel swims that they'd normally put people on to - and with the excpetion of a couple of delightful grayling (on trotted maggots) none of us really caught much on the river...

However - it also happened to be one of the most beautiful fishing locations we'd ever visited (we try to do two weekends a year) and even though the fishing was not particularly successful, the general consensus when we left was that we'd all be very happy to return to that bit of the world to try again.

So I'm just wondering... has anyone on here bveen fishing the teme much this season, and is it still runnign as low as it was last year? To be honest, it wouldn't bother me if it was, I'd still be up there like a flash with the trotting gear... however, three of us have barbel ducks to break, and that would obviously be the icing on the cake....

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
Thanks ****y, thats good to hear! Its funny with fishing how sometimes its the places where you DON'T catch that draw you back... I think we could all see what a brilliant fishery it would have been had it had two or three (or more) feet of water on it. I will let you know if we have any significant success, it struck me that a fairly mobile approach is probably going to work best, though one of our group will never be talked out of a big bed of hemp (lazy ****** doesn't like moving more like!!)

fruitowl

Reaction score
had a go for a few hours yeaterday at mill lane eardiston couldn't hold a static bait on 3 oz lead lot of water running through.
think i had one bite rod bent round felt something, but when i reeled in no hook.
scenery is great and wildlife watched a fox on far bank and a number of kingfishers flying up and down.
will def go back in a few weeks have another go :)

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
I'm a spectacles wearer and my pescription sunnies have polaroid lenses. I'm looking forward to this trip a lot now.. will let you know how we get on.

cheers
Jim

fruitowl

Reaction score
we'll jim hope you had better luck that me went down their today boat load groundbait went i never got a liner or anything meet another couple anglers who said all they heard coming out was the odd chub yet the river looks perfect oh well till next time tight lines :rolleyes:

barisaxman

Reaction score
I've been out this morning, minus 2 when I got there!
Travelled light, just a trotting rod, closed face reel and a landing net. First cast, barely a rod length out I hooked something that didn't want to play fair, a couple of runs later and snap.... suspect a barbel but could have been anything. Hard work with a 2.2lb bottom!
Had a great morning, tho. In between frozen rod rings ( which probably accounted for loosing the fish earlier) I had 4 grayling, best nearly a pound, I would say and a few minnows.Hooked a few other fish that didn't stay attached, most probably Grayling.
River looking good and I will be out again with the fly rod and the Czech nymphs when the river drops a bit more.