New to predator fishing

flashwood

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if there is anybody in Dudley / Netherton that would be willing for me to come along and watch them fish and be shown how to handle and unhook a Pike. Fingers crossed

thanks

Alex

BarryC

Reaction score
Hi Alex. First of all well done on trying to go about your pike fishing the right way.
I know from personal experience that it is not allways possible to find a pike angler to show you the ropes.
If you do'nt find anyone then do'nt let that put you off. Get hold of as much info as you can and go armed with common sense and the right handling equipment and you should be fine.
If you are still a little nervous and are planning deadbaiting you might like to use single hooks instead of trebles.
This is what I use and find I land as many fish as my mate using trebles and they are a doddle to remove.
I very rarely have to go inside a fishes mouth with them usually hooked in the scissors.
Some usefull info on these sites
http://singlehookpikesite.com/#
or
Pike Watch - Home
or
2007PIKERIGS

I can highly recomend the tagging system.

greeny1321

Reaction score
What single hook rig are you using that hooks up as good as trebles? I keep seeing people advise single hooks yet in my (and others) experience you are as well fishing with no hooks than singles.

Don't get me wrong, I would rather fish with single hooks, they just dont work for deadbaiting in my opinion.