A Classic Collection

BarryC

Reaction score
That brings back some childhood memories. Together with the Observers Book of Freshwater Fishes and Mr Crabtree goes Fishing thats where most of my fishy info came from as a kid.

The Monk

Reaction score
you can print them out on card and have a new collection of course/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

they look nice framed over the fireplace

L

Laurie Harper

Ah, memories. Still have my Observer's Book but the Brooke Bond cards are long gone. My first angling book was "Fishing for Beginners" - Maurice Wiggin. Anyone else remember it?

The Monk

Reaction score
Hi Laurie,

yes I do, some of my first books were the How Mr Crabtree of course but I also collected the Mr Cherry and Jim, I still have some of these as well and the Richard Walker library, I have in these The Carp by Jim Gibbinson, Jims first Carp book and The Grayling cant remember the author

J

John McLaren

A friend who collects cards gave me afull copy oftheBrooke Bond album a few years ago (mine disappeared after I got marriedI think) I have the Observers book - dated 1960 it was a school prize. Most of my early fishy reading was from library books, so I read all the classics but never owned any - the first oneI ever bought was "No Need to Lie" which I still have in excellent condition except that my son destroyed the dust cover when he was little!