My wife's new website

• Thread starter Colin North, the one and only
  • Start date
C

Colin North, the one and only

My wife, Sue, a member here, is building a new website. There is a lot of stuff from her old website on it now, plus some new stuff. Please feel free to have a look if you have a few minutes to spare. It is mostly wildlife things but not exclusively.

www.suenorth.picturebook.org.uk

C

Sure she does Jimmy, but carrying half a ton of tackle and half a ton of camera gear gets a bit much for her. She does have a small digi camera, but all the quality stuff is done with a Nikon Digital SLR and various lenses.

The Monk

Reaction score
no guitars or Nikon cameras either/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You should have a word with the Monk, He,s into all cameras, He,s a real photo man?

C

This is my outfit. You can see why I wouldn't want to carry this and my fishing gear!!!!!
Nikon.jpg

C

Only the best mate. I also have D200, D70, F5 and Mamiya 6 rangefinder as well as the Coolpix 4500 on the scope. The geared head weighs a ton, but unlike some ofthe twist and lock sort of heads that you get, this one stays exactly where you put it.

This picture was taken as part of a presentation I did on comparing side by side, digiscoped images, with an images of the same scenes taken by Sue with her longest telephoto lens.

Like yourself, Sue is aching to get her hands on the D300

C

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Bryan Baron 2 wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>would'nt want to drop that in the river.</blockquote>
Nor on my foot Bryan

The Monk

Reaction score
You don`t want another F5 Colin in case yours gets lonely do you mate also got a KOWA scope going cheap, cheap/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

C

<blockquote class=quoteheader>The Monk, wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>You don`t want another F5 Colin in case yours gets lonely do you mate also got a KOWA scope going cheap, cheap/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif</blockquote>

Sorry mate, the F5 is nearly redundant, although I'm determined to take it to the Peak District when I go there in June, and loads of slide film.

I hear that Fuji have introduced a new slide film and rumour has it that they are also bringing out a new film camera later this year. The new slide film is rated at ISO 50 I understand.

The Monk

Reaction score
Nikon brought out the F6 you know Colin. I loved the F5 though whren i first got one, it really was the dogs whatsits when it first came out, it would probably still be one of the top dogs if we hadnt gone digital of course, I also had an Hassleblad 502C from a number of years, I guess I sold that at the rioght time and got more or less what I paid for it

C

<blockquote class=quoteheader>The Monk, wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Nikon brought out the F6 you know Colin. I loved the F5 though whren i first got one, it really was the dogs whatsits when it first came out, it would probably still be one of the top dogs if we hadnt gone digital of course, I also had an Hassleblad 502C from a number of years, I guess I sold that at the rioght time and got more or less what I paid for it</blockquote>
Lucky you with the 'blad. My F5 was a gift from my insurance company after my F4 and a load of other gear got pinched by house breakers. Shame really, 'cos it hasn't had a huge amount of use, having been replaced by the D70, then the D200. The Mamiya 6 takes some really neat pics considering everything, but again, it is more or less redundant. I just managed to sell my Bronica before the market for used film cameras completely collapsed.

The Monk

Reaction score
yes the old Hassleblad came in handy for the weddings, I looked the part even if I didnt have a clue what I was doing, its amazing what you can get by with a load of bullshit, a few jokes, a photgraphers waistcoat and plenty of charm, (what a beautiful dress, you know I do these weddings every weekend and I`ve never seen a dress like that, yes a cheuque will be fine, excuse me while I puke)when digital came out I bought the D100, then the D200, now I want the D300, never looked back really, athough I did use the F5 in conjuntion with the D100 when I first got it.

C

I've done a few weddings myself, but only for friends, and always on the basis that I accept no responsibility if it all goes tits up, which, thankfully, it never has. I have never charged anyone yet.

One thing I learned from a mate who was doing a wedding was to get a list of photo's the couple want, then give that list to the best man or usher, and let him go hoarse gathering everyone together for the big family shots.

When Sue and I got married, we had about twenty photographers at our wedding, 'cos we invited all the members of our Camera Club, some to the wedding and all to the reception. I guess we have a thousand or so pics, and a few comments like "he scrubs up well, don't he"

The Monk

Reaction score
haha, I live your style mate/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

C

Monk,

Sue sends her thanks for your comment on her website