A1 pits---- landfill?

flightliner

Reaction score
I was out with a carp angler at the weekend and he said that the A1 pits near Newark are being considered as possible landfill sites.
Any one heard similar?

sam vimes

Reaction score
I was out with a carp angler at the weekend and he said that the A1 pits near Newark are being considered as possible landfill sites.
Any one heard similar?

Unless they pay the current owner pots of cash, I can't see it. If my information is correct, he paid a lot of money for the waters not that long ago. I'd also wonder about the proximity to the river. Strikes me as potential for disaster.

flightliner

Reaction score
Strikes me as potential for disaster.
You know, I thought the exact same thing. Somehow tho if it does go ahead (if the rumour is correct of course)It may be the old argument that its a job creator or money talking as I understand that its millions that have been mentioned.
Here in south yorkshire (north midlands to some- lol) There is one massive landfill that is on falling land that goes right down to the river Rother, it all seems ok but its impossible to really know for sure I guess and a little lower downstream a large area of land is being brought back to life after decades of poisening from industrial waste being allowed to be spread all over it.
I do hope however that its just that -- a rumour, as the place is a great fishery.

laguna

Reaction score
As long as they keep lake 3 stocked and filled with water and the owner keeps giving me free pellets... ;):w

those damn trains though :eek:

Stuthebroo

Reaction score
As Sam said due to the proximity to the river I doubt it would get permission for conversion without some very expensive work to prevent the ground water seeping into the river.

flightliner

Reaction score
If the rumour is fact then someone has done their homework and to be that confident would suggest that it would likely go ahead.
As I say, I hope the rumour is just that but hey!

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If the rumour is fact then someone has done their homework and to be that confident would suggest that it would likely go ahead.

Its just a rumour guy's AGAIN!!
A good friend of mine fishes the pits all year and he heard something in the pub they use on the way home (apparently its the none anglers that are the rumour mongers!) and was told that its just total bolocks!
The owner as no intention of selling up and defo not to the landfill mob :)

flightliner

Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightliner

Its just a rumour guy's AGAIN!!
A good friend of mine fishes the pits all year and he heard something in the pub they use on the way home (apparently its the none anglers that are the rumour mongers!) and was told that its just total bolocks!
The owner as no intention of selling up and defo not to the landfill mob

Thats good news Mark , hope its true!