Need urgent professional help

Reaction score
hello im an occasional sea fisher atm im hoping to continue throughout the winter i have 40 odd pound spending limit and i need a good fishing rod that suites me best were i fish ur more likely to catch mackeral fish and the odd time there is a place that u can get other fish in but mainly mackeral so im just looking a good rod i was viewing the shakespeare alpha x10 sea spin rod and spinning rod but im just asking all the professionals what do u recomend for me as an occasional fishing rod what do use recommend within my limit please please help me if u can:):):):cool:

goonch

Reaction score
I don't do much sea fishing myself but I do know that the mackerel tend to disappear during the colder month. Flatfish, whiting, pollack, cod etc are the most common winter species depending on where you're fishing.

Not too sure about the rod but good luck :)

Reaction score
i actualy think they do but its just to have after the summer and during to thanks for the post bud:)

---------- Post added at 13:47 ---------- Previous post was at 13:41 ----------

also do u no the best rod for thoses fish

Last edited:

chav professor

Reaction score
I reposted this from your rod thread as I noticed you are new round here... Welcome by the way!

http://www.fishingmagic.com/features...se-angler.html

I bought a cheap Abu enticer for about £35.... It looks ghastly, but for the beach its perfect. I use it to catch whiting, sole, macheral (can't spell), bass and dabs.

I have Century Match tip tornados.... money well spent for pendulum/distance casting. But for close in and actually appreciating the sensation of reeling in a fish and feeling it kick - I'd rate my sh**y Abu any day!!!!