Spin Me a Line with **** Walker

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)
  • Start date
R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

As also a fully paid up member of the **** Walker Club, I of course acquired a copy.

But I must say that I tend to agree with Graham's viewpoint. Many of the bits it is claimed were written by Walker, don't seem at all like the man.

There is of course the stories written by LO Mycock. Some will laugh at the account of thebream bubbles in Buckden's Breamers, the world's finest spirit levels.

But somehow the book lacks something.

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Given my track record with reviews, it’s probably just as well that I haven’t read this book. Graham’s review probably tells you all you need to know, but my concern is that here is yet another book, involving **** Walker.

Maybe it’s just me, but it seems, the ‘legend’ is being turned into a commodity. To an outsider, it may just appear that Pat Marston’s motives in releasing all this material now have turned from altruistic to commercial, and perhaps this particular cash cow is, or has been milked for all its worth.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Yes,I unfortunately,have to agree with all of the above.Its the first time I have put down a Walker book before the end.It does sadden me that(whoever)has found it necesary to go down the road of cobbling together a few odds and ends just to make a few bob out of the Walker name,or so it seems.I would really like to think I am wrong but I dont think so....

Fortunately I do have all his other books and I will go back to them to rid myself of this very poor offering.This man was my hero in my early years and what he did for me with his writing formed the basis of my love of fishing and that will never fade........unlike this book!!

Keith M

Reaction score
I'm glad I read this review, I have a few Walker books (but nowhere near all of them unfortunately) which I stillread on cold winters nights,and If I saw this one on the bookshelves I would have bought it immediately; but I think Ill give thisone a miss.