final day on the rivers

john hooper

Reaction score
well what a lovely day, sun shone brightly (and warm) and i managed a couple of grayling and two nice chub about 2lb out of the dove ( the pike wouldn't play ball though), how was your's?

john

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Blanked!!!

But we had a great afternoon/evening with Jeff and ****y on a lovely stretch of the Teme.

Fortunately ****y managed to catch one barbel and a lovely chub of 4lb3oz which had some serious teeth marks in it (an un-tapped pike venue?)and Wendi also hada lovely chub too.

Roll on June 16th /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Mithrandir

Reaction score
I went down to my local strech of the Hampshire avon, and caught dozens of Grayling and Trout, nothing big, but it was just fun putting some fish on the bank.

Next 3 months are going to be lake and sea fishing, I do enjoy these, but will miss the rivers.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Could only squeeze in two hours on the Lea, but had a couple of "netter" chub, a small carp and some roach - and photographed a four-pound chub for a happy chap - wonder if he upped his p.b. again later in the day?

Reaction score
I had a brilliant day on the river Teme!! /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Haven't fished it for 18 months and managed four chub to 4lb 3oz, a 6-7ish barbel and a brown trout (1lb 6oz ish) on 8mm pellet.

Well done Wendi Spiller on a cracking first-cast chub with the clock ticking...

(and shame on you blankin' Spiller boys! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif)

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Them "Spiller Boys" never could catch anyway......./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

...but the "Spiller Women".......!!!!/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Well done ****y, nice way to finish off the season.

Reaction score
Cheers Neil,

How did you fare? On your current form Duncan Charman must be worried about his record! /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Not in that league! But a certain lady might challenge after her debut 12lb+ barbel/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

I couldn't get out at all midweek but finished last Saturday with some nice chub and two barbel (one on the float). Very pleasing way to see off the season ( I've just sent Graham an article about my last two months or so on the Stour - it even features your goodself!)./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Stour was up and coloured after the weekend and one lucky guy finished with a 14-01 barbel on Friday! Roll on 16th June./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Thoughts now switching to tench, crucians and more tench (hopefully!).

Reaction score
I had intended to take the day off work but had to go in for the morning. Nearly didn't bother going but decided to go to the section of the Wharfe nearest home so by 1pm I was at the river. My first choice swim was occupied so moved to a swim I had looked at before but not fished. It looked fishy but snaggy especially carrying some extra water Well what an afternoon it turned out to be, five chub to 4lb and wasjust lamenting that there was no show from the barbel when with the last cast of the season I hooked another fish that resulted in a 6ish lb barbel. I packed up in the increasing twilght very happy. I was happier still whenI got to swimI wanted to fish to find the guy had spend all day and had nothing. I hope he got something in the last hours. This is my first season after a long lay off and the close season blue bit this morning, instead of getting up and going to the river I lay in bed wishing I was going to the river. Three months is a lomg time.

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

After a 6 lb 7 oz Chub on Thursdaymanaged two fives on Friday at 5lb 3 oz and 5 lb 5 oz plus a new pb silver bream of 1 lb 4 oz. Cracking end to the season.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
I finished the season last weekend with 2 PB's on the Stour, my first barbel 12lb5oz and a 4lb4oz chub so I was happy as Larry.

Can't wait for the new season to start, as I am not giving up on catching my first bertie from the river Severn and a zander.

Big roach is also on my agenda, that might be one heck of a challenge though.

During the close season I will work on my sea species and some lovely tench.

john hooper

Reaction score
rivers are the best for me but tench fishing is a good substitute to carry me through until they reopen.

john

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
"Thoughts now switching to tench, crucians and more tench (hopefully!)."

Don't forget that I still 'owe' you a day fishing for Brownies as well Neil.