Crayfish Flooded Out

maceo

Reaction score
I'll tell you what I haven't seen much this season.

Crayfish.

Last season when the river was low and meandering along I was catching at least one per session and you could see them in the shallows by the bank and they even used to creep up the keep net at times.

This season I think I've barely seen more than a couple and I've not caught one - and that's fishing on the bottom with a feeder and all sorts of baits.

Is it my imagination or have the floods and current confounded and inhibited them somehow? Is anyone else seeing less of them?

Also wasps.

Barely seen three this summer I reckon.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Shortage of british apples this year too , something to do with very heavy rain dislodging blossom, funny weather , wasps are my Kryptonite , being six foot five with a skinhead its not a good look when I run round flapping my arms when a wasp flys round the beer in the beer garden. i remember my mate saying "just keep still" then one landed right on his glasses , " now you keep still mate "

terry m

Reaction score
One of the waters I fish is absolutely swarming with the damned things. Unfortunately they are the signals and not the native species!

bennygesserit

Reaction score
One of the waters I fish is absolutely swarming with the damned things. Unfortunately they are the signals and not the native species!

I was suprised the last time Iwent to Furnace Mill we caught a few of them , plus my son saw an otter.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'll tell you what I haven't seen much this season.

Crayfish.

Last season when the river was low and meandering along I was catching at least one per session and you could see them in the shallows by the bank and they even used to creep up the keep net at times.

This season I think I've barely seen more than a couple and I've not caught one - and that's fishing on the bottom with a feeder and all sorts of baits.

Is it my imagination or have the floods and current confounded and inhibited them somehow? Is anyone else seeing less of them?

Also wasps.

Barely seen three this summer I reckon.

The wasps are thin on the ground because the heavy rains have washed a lot of the ground level nests out!
Benny, I know its hard not to run round waving your arms about but that's what you should not do because when you do you release pheromones from your body and it's that what causes the wasps to attack! They are just being attracted to the cent, just like a man being attracted to a woman wearing Channel Number 5 ;)