Warrington Anglers Waters

Paul C

Reaction score
This has been a bit of an experiment, but I've put together a 'Points of Interest' file that provides the Sat Nav locations for all the WAA Waters.

Well nearly all of them, it's short of a couple of stretches of the Vyrnwy that I couldn't pin point and the canal stretchesbecause there's nearly 20 miles of water with loads of access points.

If any member is interested in making use of this, I have got it available to email out in the following formats:

Tomtom
Garmin
Navman
Magellan

In the main, it should direct you to the car parking which is shown on the official map. One or two parking areas are located on tracks that aren't listed, so it will point to the area where that track leaves a recognised road.................I hope!

It's possible I have missed a water or that I've not quite located it spot in, but it's something I should be able to tinker with if needs be.

Please PM me if you want me to send you a copy and let me know in what format you want it.

In each case, you just copy the two files and paste them into the maps folder on your sat nav and hopefully avoid being lost while looking for a new water again......

MJ

Reaction score
Hi Paul,

The club is getting a new website soon, and this this might be a great thing that we can link in. PM me if you are interested in submitting the fruits of your labours.

Cheers

Martin James (WAA Committee member)

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Many thanks Paul.

Your efforts are very much appreciated mate.

T

Tony Jolley

Hi Martin,

Any news as to when the new website will be up and running?

Paul, Great idea well done.

Regards,

Tony.

MJ

Reaction score
Hi Tony, should be ready in a few weeks. I am in the process of pulling together photos of waters and maps, etc. We are producing a new map guide at the moment that will be downloadable through the new site.

There is quite a lot of stuff to put in place. We are setting it up so that members can join and subscribe through the site, plus lots of other stuff too.

I'll post on here when it is up and ready. Cheers, Martin

T

Tony Jolley

Sounds great Martin.

Looking forward to seeing it in action.

Best.

Tony.

Paul C

Reaction score
Cakey

If you've got maps of the waters and either nearest postcode or os co-ordinates, then it's not difficult to do.

If you can get me those, I can certainly have a go at it or show you how to.

T

Tony Jolley

Hi Martin.

Any closer to seeing the website?

Regards.

Tony.

MJ

Reaction score
Hi Tony,

Not quite there yet mate. Still waiting to see some of the designs from the hosting company. Hopefully should have it up mid-May. Worth doing the job right though,and if that takes a few extra weeks so that the links work, then it is worth doing.

I'll post on here when it is ready.

Martin

stephen webb

Reaction score
Mj I did message you, when you have it up and running if you send me the link/details I will add it to my sites clubs/associations/societies page.