Go Fishing Show 2008

Doug Butler

Reaction score
Went to Birmingham yesterday and I will never go to the show agen it was totel C??P

Adrian Northfield

Reaction score
This year was my first ever visit, I took my wife and grandson. I have not had previous knowledge of the event but what I saw today was utter dross. To be honest if you could note the prices on stalls and look on Internet, you will get them cheaper anyway. Matt Hayes Just plugged his own products ?? But you did have a few names under one roof. Now should we keep holding our heads up pay good money for an evidently dwindling advent. I for one will never attend again so I guess I'm responsible for 1 nail in the coffin, sorry. Guys if you want to keep paying good money for inferior products go ahead, but it seems it gets worse by the year so how long will you keep handing over money at TESCO's for over ripe fruit or out of date produce ????? same thing but good luck to those who do

Steve Grantham

Reaction score
I went on Saturday,i have been twice before but will not again. The first time i went it was a show dawia,shimano and the like showing off there new products. now its like a bank holiday market all retail ! I was talking to Des Taylor and as he said a f**king car boot sale .

I have been told by some of the stall holders they do not think it will happen next year to much politics,lot off people unhappy with dragon carp and used tackle being there.

All in all the show was half the size of before and not a show but a retail park all for £8 to park and £16 to get in we must be mugs !

Iain Riley

Reaction score
i'm gonna sound like an ungreatfull git as somone gav me my tiket but it was compleat sh*t next year im going to the outdorr show thats on the same time its bigger and its got a fishing section.

Robby

Reaction score
I used to go on a regular basis in the early days,and it was a superb show...I went last year and it was so bad I vowed never to go again.What a shame it is for our sport !!

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
I last went about 3yrs ago......extortionate entry price,extortionate parking charges,extortionate beer and food prices and i agree with Des Taylor.....They are nothing but car boot sales.

If these companies want to sell cut price bait and tackle to the masses,then do it at these round britain tackle sales.

I heard Les Webber speaking on talk sport yesterday morning,singing the virtues of the TCF show.By the sound of things,this event is going toovertake the NEC debacle and leave it for dust!!!

alan

Reaction score
went to the tcf show today, it was brill.

no cheap nasty tackle on sale, just demo's with some samples given away. it wasn't crowded and you had time to talk to people.

the bait co's were great to talk to.

John Wilson was very pleasant, and we had a bit of a laugh with him.

the guy we spent 30minutes taking to on the chub stand was a pleasure to talk to, keen, knowledgeable, and has me convinced to buy 2 of their new range of rods this year.

the demos/forums were fun.

the free bags on entrance were good.

the ultima knot tying was fun, and the fact that i was in the top 30 for the weekend in knot strength means in now expecting a lot of line in the post.

i took my 9year old, he liked it, the kids stands went down well, and the fact that he got more samples then me made him happy. they really looked after the kids.

and to top it off, when we were leaving they were taking the bivvys down, a chat with the guys meant i left with a jrc oval brolly, with 4 storm poles for £45 and my brother had the next model up for £90. a perfect end to an enjoyable day.

Iain Riley

Reaction score
we shall have to see if there's one next year heard a few rumous that that might be the last ... we shall see