Stephen Heard - R.I.P.

W

Wolfman Woody

I just had a phone call from Stuart Heard, Stephen's son, telling me that Stephen passed away this morning. Cause of death is not yet determined, but Stuart thinks it could have been a heart attack.
jwbaits5lrg.jpg

Stephen would have been 69 next Friday and for most of his life was an angler. He was one of our 'Compleat Anglers' and told many tales at our little gatherings about fishing the Thames when he was younger. He was also, along with Stuart, a syndicate member/owner on a private water that I was kindly invited to every close season for the past few years and where my Grandson, Connor, developed his interest in fishing.
connor3lrg.jpg

Stephen is in front of shot encouraging as always.

He was a kind and generous man and always willing to help other anglers, especially kids. He often advised me on which swim to fish from although strangely enough, I never caught a fish from his choice of swims.

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

When he said "I'll prepare some bait." you never got just enough to do you, there was bags of it, enough for an army to fish with. He and Stuart also came along to the first junior Teach-in, members may remember him with the big black dog at the front gate.

I'd just like to say, Stephen, I shall miss you very much as will all our friends on the hotel beat and my thoughts today are with his son Stuart and the rest of the family. My deepest sympathies go to you all.

Deanos

Reaction score
Lovely sentiments Woody. If you can leave smiles behind you when you go, then its been a good life.

Respects, Deanos.

W

Wolfman Woody

/members/images/6812/Gallery/stephen_at_BBQ.JPG

Stephen on the far right chatting to Barry Horwood (left) and Martin Povey (centre) at last years pre-season barbeque./members/images/6812/Gallery/bruce.jpg

Stephen's good mate, Bruce, who is bound to miss him.

Joey

Reaction score
I didn't know the man but I am very sorry to hear of his passing especially at such a relativelyearly age. From what Woody says of him, it is a sad loss to angling in general and to his family in particular.

K

Kevin Perkins

Sorry to hear that Jeff, that isreal shame and I would just like to echo the thoughts of Joey and Deanos

Morespiders

Reaction score
It's always very sad when someone you knew well die's, sorry Woody, nice bit you wrote about him, obviously a Good mate.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Sorry to hear that. From what you wrote he came across a real good bloke, such a shame.

Reaction score
Hi

I would like to say thanks to everyone for their kind words and support and a special thanks to Jeff for the lovely pictures andhis kind words which boughtthe memories of those days flooding back.

Its never easy to say good bye but in my heart I know my father would have been happy to pass away at home with me and Bruce by him.

He was a wonderful father with his own ways as we all have but he loved angling and had fished from around the age of 15 upto the present day and he was looking forward to some more days down the lake while the rivers have a rest with his friends. He loved the the fishing at the Compleat Angler where he meet Jeff and the other members and I too have great memories of him there where he enjoyed every moment. I am going to miss him greatly and even more when I get a chance to have a day on the waters edge.

Many thanks again to everyone for your support.

Warm Regards

Stuart

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Stuart,

Please accept my deepest condolences.

Our thoughts are with you, remember the good times and always cherish the special memories of your father.

Kindest Regards.

Steve.

B

Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)

I,ll just echo everyones comments too. R.I.P

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

I only met him briefly a couple of times but they were enough to tell me that he was a man I would have valued as a friend. RIP Stephen and condolences to Stuart and family.

C

Colin North, the one and only

Sad Loss, even though I didn't know the gentleman.

RIP